This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 7552

novaboy

cementing the block   Posted Wed Apr 17, 02   10:19 AM     

ive always wondered...why would anyone do this? what are the benifits?

novaboy
TheRealMyles

Re: cementing the block   Posted Thu Apr 18, 02   12:14 AM     

Well most of the time the use a filler not so much as Cement. It allows less stress on the block when it run. So when the it heats up less exspansion and contraction(spelled wrong I am sure) LOL Gives more strength to the block it self. If you want to know more E-mail or pm me I will get the info for you .mls

Peace,

TRM

Re: cementing the block   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   6:57 PM     

i don't know

TheRealMyles

Re: cementing the block   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   6:58 PM     

Well I tried to edit the other one but the time expired. LOL Any way Block filler can be a Cement -Base Material. It give good Strength, Vibration Dampen and Heat Dissipation. Also limits the cylinder walls from Cracks adds strength there. Helps to let the walls to wear truer along with keep the cylinder walls round to help improve ring seal. Used to Drag racing only not for a street engine. Hope that helps..mls

Peace,

TRM

novaboy

Re: cementing the block   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   7:05 PM     

123 you dont know uch do you...what the hell does your post"i dont know" do ...nothing so dont post it!

novaboy
novaboy

Re: cementing the block   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   7:06 PM     

thanx miles.....i wanted to know if the cement would make the block over heat....but if it disipaes then i guess it would be cool! thanx!

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: cementing the block   Posted Fri Apr 19, 02   7:57 PM     

so this cementing technique can be used for only drag racing? i mean couldn't you use it for a street car and is this because of a heat problem seeing drag racing is usually cars being run for less than 5- 10 minutes at the most and wut if u wanted to convert from diesel to gas could u use this to handle the higher compression or is it strictly a drag racing only technique

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
TheRealMyles

Re: cementing the block   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   12:24 AM     

You could run it on the street but, The motor will over heat really quick. IF you are run filler and you drive this motor for more then the pass you will heat it up pretty quick I would think But, I do not know everything. You should contact a Good Engine builder if you are thinking about run it. I can refer you to some there in So Cal...mls

Peace,

TRM

hooyeah
Re: cementing the block   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   12:25 AM     

actually i'm not planning on doing it i was just curious about it and i'm not in so cal i'm in canada but i was just wondering cuz i have heard of the process before and i was curious about the limits of it and that such stuff problems complications ect.. thats all

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
TheRealMyles

Re: cementing the block   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   12:35 AM     

I hear you there. No Problem there is never a bad question hope it helped if it did not or if you have any more just drop me PM..mls

Peace,

TRM

hooyeah
Re: cementing the block   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   12:55 AM     

yes it did help i'm planning on getting into the car scene more and any info i can get helps so thanks a bunch

TheRealMyles

Re: cementing the block   Posted Sat Apr 20, 02   1:04 AM     

No Problem any time..mls

Peace,

TRM