This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 15035

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Stryker
Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   12:10 AM     

Hey. Anyone happen to know where I could get a turbo for a '97 Chevy S10? It's the 2.2 ltr.

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
hooyeah
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   12:18 AM     

i'm not to sure but u may be able to get one off of a cavalier not sure if they had 2.2 turbos in 97 but i'm pretty sure they have a newer one good luck still havent' sold it i see

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   3:21 PM     

Yeah. No one wanted the damn thing, so I'm just gonna keep it, but I'm gonna make it run better!

Cutlass

Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   4:21 PM     

turbonetics, check out their web site.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   5:14 PM     

Checked it out...didn't have one.

Cutlass

Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   8:46 PM     

that may be something you have to fab up for yourself. why not just get a LT1 kit for the truck and call it good

Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Tue May 21, 02   9:43 PM     

LT1 kit. Good idea. (Silently wonders what the hell an LT1 kit is???) LOL

hooyeah
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   12:29 AM     

i'm pretty sure thats to swap in an lt1 motor

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
TheRealMyles

Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   12:50 AM     

Jegs and Summit both have the mounts and headers for a SBC to drop right in. Would be better in the long run over all..mls

Peace,

TRM

hooyeah
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   12:53 AM     

as long as u rn't to worried abut economy 2.2 to 5.7 hehe if u rn't worried about gas mileage u can always also talk to lethal about his strokers that does seem like the best option as long as u don't twist the frame seen that once in a ranger.

Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   12:07 PM     

Yeah...I've seen it happen too. And I do intend on swappin motors, but not for a while...for right now, I just need a turbo to put shame to my boss. He and I have been talkin 'bout racin for a long while, and all he has done to his Civic (in the way of performance anyways...) is a cold air intake and an upgraded exhaust. I really wanna beat him, so for right now, I'm just tryin to find a turbo...

hooyeah
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   1:15 PM     

not to sure about this but i know dodge had an 2.2 turbo that was near 200 hp with intercooler i just am not sure if u could make the dodge turbo go with the chevy 2.2 someone else may be able to take that question

Cutlass

Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   4:02 PM     

if you're looking for something quick you can always drop a nitrous system on it, i'm not to sure how those motors handle it but i'm sure you'll beat that civic

Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   5:03 PM     

Naw. Cops react badly to nitrous-injected vehicles 'round here.

hooyeah
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:54 PM     

here nitrous is illegal i think it is i have heard that and i have never seen a car with it (legally atleast) saw one guy get pulled over had the nos sticker on his windshield sure it probably didn't have it but good grounds for a search that sticker probably gave him 75 horses atleast

Pages in this thread: (1) 2