This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 15035

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Stryker
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Thu May 23, 02   11:58 AM     

LOL. Yeah. I think they should pass a law against all those stupid stickers! They add soo much horsepower to a car. Maybe I should just deck out my truck in stickers and then race someone with my life's savings.

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~
PremiumSyzle
Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   7:23 AM     

If you go to a good tuner shop, they can fit a turbo on anything.. try pulling a turbo off a Turbo T-bird or a Typhoon/Syclone.. would be a good idea. And they can fabricate the manifolds, intake, everything. If you have an S-series truck you might consider swapping parts from a Syclone.. it was an S-series in the early 90s that had AWD and a turbo 4.3, and could do 0-60 in 5 seconds. If that AWD would swap into a newer S-10... wow. I'm not sure how possible this is, but with the custom turbos and the AWD swap, it would take at minimal some kind of fabrication, its not gonna be like a basic bolt on.. the problem is, I dont know how well that engine will handle a turbo... if you DO add a turbo, try and use low boost at first and don't expect to get 15 psi and not have reliability concerns. But I could be wrong, its happened before Good luck man. S-10s are great trucks for a project.

BlownGTP

Re: Turbo for S10?   Posted Mon Jul 1, 02   7:51 AM     

i would actually just leave it RWD. ive always liked the idea of a S-10 with a built 350. The 4.3 isnt that strong of a motor. my dad has blown his typhoon up once already but he had alot of mods.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)