This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 28884

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
newagehotrod

98 ranger   Posted Thu Jun 21, 07   9:17 AM     

i have a 1998 ford ranger with a 2.5L 4cylinder dual fire with 5spd manual transmission, the truck is slow, very slow i would like to get some more power out of it but don't won't to tear it apart or do any rebuilding, i was told a turbo chager wasn't possible because there wasn't enough compression, and i'm getting a cold air intake any other suggestions, this is low budget keap in mind please

Silo55
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Thu Jun 21, 07   1:44 PM     

Depending on where you live, remove exhaust and run nothing from the header back, or if you can stand the noise, completely remove the exhaust system, including the headers. It will sound like shit, and be pretty loud, but you should gain a little bit of HP.

BMW M3 - All stock
newagehotrod

Re: 98 ranger   Posted Thu Jun 21, 07   1:48 PM     

i'd rather not do that and i live in tennessee don't know if its legal here or not

DBLDREW
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Sat Jun 23, 07   9:50 AM     

Running open headers on a stock motor will not help, and not running any headers at all is the most retarded thing I’ve heard.

If you want to make some power on a “budget” do a v8 swap. You can pick up a junkyard 302 or 351W for pretty cheap. Even in stock trim the v8 will have a performance gain over your 4 banger, and then you will have a power plant that you can build up over time.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
NOS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Sat Jun 23, 07   11:37 AM     

whats up faggot boy. see your still fucking gay as ever.

if u read this than FUCK YOU

go fuck yourself motherfucker
NOS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Sat Jun 23, 07   11:40 AM     

silo you a complete fucking idiot. do you even know how a car works? if you ran without headers it would be unbeleivably hot in the engine bay retard. still see your stupid as fuck still also.

ChullSS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Mon Jun 25, 07   7:02 PM     

i also think that was the dumbness shit i heard

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 98 ranger   Posted Wed Jun 27, 07   8:09 PM     

FYI low compression is a good thing when wanting to boost, but it would definitely be cheaper to pick up a pos V8.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Silo55
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Thu Jun 28, 07   11:57 AM     

Still see your trying to make up for your shortcomings.

BMW M3 - All stock
NOS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Tue Jul 3, 07   9:40 PM     

i dont kno what your talking about shortcomings but my dick is huge. just go ask your mother if your still skeptical.

newagehotrod

Re: 98 ranger   Posted Fri Jul 13, 07   2:51 PM     

i was told that there wasn't enough compression to put on a turbo i didn't know that low compression was good for turbo charging, don't you have to have at least so much for the thing to work though?
sorry i'm not real knowledgeable on the way of the turbo

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 98 ranger   Posted Tue Jul 17, 07   7:17 PM     

No, you need exhaust pressure, or flow. When you have low compression, you have a lower flow compared to a high(er) compression vehicle. Regardless, the car still produces exhaust, and you can mount a mildly sized turbo on it and make loads of power as long as you have the things neccessary to compliment it.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
ChullSS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Wed Jul 18, 07   12:29 PM     

I think they mean you do not have enough compression for normal engine operation. A turbo will only hurt your engine more. fix the compression problem then you can think of that.
but you first posted you were on a budget so a nitrous kit will be the best bang for the buck, but fix the compression problem first.

NOS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Fri Jul 20, 07   9:08 PM     

go fuck yourself

ChullSS
Re: 98 ranger   Posted Wed Jul 25, 07   8:55 PM     

I wish my dick was as big as your mom then I could go and fuck Myself like your mom showed me.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2