This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 114419

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  
camarolover

ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:22 PM     

whats better fords or chevys personaly i think ford has better trucks and chevy has better muscle cars

hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:28 PM     

chevy has way better trucks and better muscle cars,
i may be a bit biased but thats my opinion i have done alot with a silverado that gm let my dad borrow for the day and that thing had everything speed, hauling, offroad ability don't ahve any experience with fords a friend of mine got a ford f 150 as a rental they said it sucked.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
camarolover

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:33 PM     

dont get me wrong i love chevys but i have to disagree with u on that a chevy has better trucks the ford lightning stock is pushing out about 380 hp 450 lb-ft

hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:38 PM     

that is a performance truck i'm talking about actual work style trucks the lightning is a purpose built hotrod truck chevy doesn't even have one to compete with it unless u go back to the 454 ss trucks of the early 90s, the closest to a lightning is the dodge dakota r/t which still isn't much, if u r looking at the lightning versus silverado for performance good luck with that comparison. for work trucks the dodges and chevys smoke the fords

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
camarolover

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:41 PM     

you can get a 5.4 liter v8 triton in the f-150 liat

hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:43 PM     

you get a 5.3 or 5.7 or 6.0 in the 1500 and u get a 5.2 or a 5.9 in the dodges and if u look at the diesels the chevy deisels are 6.0 dodges are 5.9 and ford is up at a 7.4 i think and the fords still don't match up with the chevy and doge

Edited by hooyeah (Tue May 14, 02   10:45 PM)

sweetdevil
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:49 PM     

ya, and the Ford has better disco trucks... lots of inexpensive lifts.
Sorry, chevy girl for life!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
camarolover

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   10:49 PM     

well an f-250 or 350 can come with a 7.3 but they are deisiel

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   11:48 PM     

how bout the new doudge sr10? 500 hp 500 ft pounds. same engine tranny suspension and brakes as the viper. it pulled .98g that will put the lightning on its ass and run it over a few times over. ford makes better trucks for driving(for people that want the truck for style) and dodge just makes the best hauling and working while chevy managed to find the middle ground.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 14, 02   11:52 PM     

jeez i totally forgot about that dodge hehe yup there goes the lightning from the sport truck class, the only thing i hate about the new dodges is the grills theya re jsut to damn tall other than that mechanically freking nice vehicles, and fords drive liek cars thats y ppl love them their jello suspension

BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 15, 02   7:25 AM     

sorry to burst your bubble but u cant get the 5.7 in a chevy truck anymore

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 15, 02   7:32 AM     

I would chose Ford...what a shock...lol...But after Ford I would pick Dodge...then Chevy..But 1.2.3. Are all american...not imported shit in my top 3....lol

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 15, 02   3:03 PM     

damn wasn't aware of the 5.7 not available anymore well dodge has the 5.7 hemi thats a sweet motor

1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 15, 02   3:18 PM     

isn't it a 5.9?

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 15, 02   3:33 PM     

no i am pretty sure the hemi is a 5.7 and i think they are dropping the 5.9 but i am pretty sure the new hemi is a 5.7

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8