This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 114419

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8  
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:04 AM     

oh and by the way! i never said shit about a impala ss! i do like the cars but your rite on this one, they arent that fast but they are hot looking.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:18 AM     

In reply to:

lets see what my little calculator has to say lightning......380hp and 5000lbs=13.1lbs per hp...the typhoon=3800lbs/280(altho it was an underrated 330 but we will use 280)=13.5 this gives the lightning the weight to hp ratio but the typhoon is awd and it has a water cooler. so. on a hot day with a moderate driver a typhoon whould take a lighning with a comparable driver. on a cool day a lightning would walk a typhoon with a poor driver. thats if it only has 280hp...most say it has 330hp. and In 1/4 mile tests done by Car and Driver and other mags, the Syclone would beat a Ferrari 348ts. they run mid 13's stock. i mean griffy jr, clint eastwood and kennidy jr. have one...they have to be good.

1 more post since now I feel the need to educate your ass just the same. Before you start in with the hp to weight ratio. You might want to look what each truck is making at the wheels. What's the loss of rwd driveline to the loss of a an AWD drive driveline. SO, let's go by your measurements as inaccurate as they may be. Let's assume a 20% driveline loss to the truck cuz it's an auto. It give the Lightning 304hp to the wheels. Not let's take into account the 30% loss for the Typhoon cuz it's AWD and it gives it 196 to the wheels.
Lightning = 16.4 to 1 ratio
Typhoon = 19.3 to 1 ratio
Don't be a jackass novaboy, I thought you knew more than that. It's more than a couple tenths per hp. Thank you, drive thru, and last post.

---------- [External Image Removed]
sweetdevil
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:29 AM     

Where ya going? You sick of all this shit too?

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:36 AM     

oh well, that was fun while it lasted. wow, i didnt think what i said ment that much to pepole! lol, now hes leaving for good? WOW

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   6:01 PM     

actually the lightning does run in the 13's stock...it maybe high 13's but its still there...and btw the new cobra runs 12.6 in a head wind...so eat shit camaro lovers..j/k...and thats stock...with a lot less C.I. 281 vs. 350 I believe...I think the only car that could beat that is an ZO6 if I remember...oh well all american cars rule...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   6:03 PM     

and trucks and vans...and all that other good stuff.

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   11:16 PM     

hahahaha...new cobra running 12's. haaahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 23, 02   9:25 AM     

390hp...and equal torque...and it has been proven on the dyno...sorry nova but its true...

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:20 PM     

damn when did they get 390???? thats tight

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:46 PM     

they did it with a supercharger..like the one on the lightning...I think its a low psi also..but they used he 4.6 motor out of a stock cobra...twicked it alittle bit...went to a cast iron block...and kicked some serious ass...Check out a Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine from this month...If you want to read more about it....6 speed trans...and power to kick some ass...yessss.

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:48 PM     

is it accually gonna be produced?

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 23, 02   2:52 PM     

hit dealer floors I think 15 days ago...go test drive one if you could find it...and get a thrill....they go for about 35k and under...

mbquart
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sun May 26, 02   6:41 PM     

chevys trucks and muscle cars are bad ass- the rest suck - for trucks and muscle cars are also bad ass, but the rest suck - domestics are usually just pieces of caaaraaap (excluding the trucks + muscle cars)

BadAssDodge

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sun May 26, 02   6:50 PM     

i think your the one fulla crap. Chevy isnt the only one making good muscle cars, let me know if youd like me to prove it to you and your mazda

Faster & More Furious
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sun May 26, 02   10:03 PM     

personally i agree chevy had the best muscle cars but thats cuz it's in my blood although the hemi dominates i refuse to admit that lol mopar had alot of sweet muscle cars love the colors love the engines and they had a far better variety ford well not worth discussing but chevy still wins haha in my mind atleast

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 5 (6) 7 8