This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 114419

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8  
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 21, 02   9:30 AM     

In reply to:

Originally posted by BlownGTP:
well actually im not on crack and im done arguing with you about this! we have 2 count them TWO websites saying its slower! i think i have proved my point well enough! its just one of those things that your going to stand by ford one way or another. so for now im done! CASE CLOSED!

Yeah, and I have about 50 websites that say my car is a 14.6 car stock, but I have the timeslips that say otherwise. Sounds like a copout to me, but to just drive a stake further in the heart, I did you the favor of asking.

In reply to:

The early second gens were 13.6ish, and the latter are 13.2-13.5 I believe.
I want one

In reply to:

a guy from my club ran a 13.2 bone stock, its a 2001

Should I go on? Don't get me wrong, the Typhoon WAS a fast truck, but it's no Lightning.

---------- [External Image Removed]
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 21, 02   10:05 AM     

Blown, I know you are probably confused and wondering what just happened, so let me help you out:
You got:
[External Image Removed]

hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   12:38 AM     

welll nice pic joker and i jsut thot i'd say this in here on my way home from school saw a black lightning and a new mustang bullit (looked and sounded slightly modified) race i've never seen either car in town before so i know nothing about them and the mustang took the lightning off the line (that white one at a stop light hehe) lightning had problems hooking up. but eventually the lightning caught him and smoked him i'm not sure wut this says for either car although i know the bullit had a new exhaust it looked like 3 inch pipes not sure and it sounded awesoem wo i'm guessing true duals with some sort of nice muffler and cat and who knows what tot he engine but the lightning did beat him in top end if the lightning could have hooked up better he would have smoked the bullit not sure wut thatw ays about them but umm yah thot i'd ssay that

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   7:31 AM     

HAHAHAH, ACTUALLY the lighting got owned by the TYPHOON! its just hard for a ford boy like you to admit. but its ok, i understand. LOLZ

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   8:44 AM     

In reply to:

HAHAHAH, ACTUALLY the lighting got owned by the TYPHOON! its just hard for a ford boy like you to admit. but its ok, i understand. LOLZ

Now you are just being a jackass because you got owned. Where are your timeslips? Admit it, you are wrong. It's okay to be wrong. Just like when you thought a stock GTP could take a stock Stang. That was my first indication that you didn't know what you were talking about. Quit living in your Fast and Furious dreams and take a step into reality.

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:10 AM     

dont be an ass jok3r id take the typhoon over a lightning any day. its overrated. come on a 5000lb car with only 380hp running 13's please...thats bulshit.

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:38 AM     

WOW, it looks like i tripped this guys trigger! LOL, see, pepole like this get to pissed off over stupid shit. and exactly how am i owned? haha. and actually a stock GTP will walk a new mustang wether u would like to admit it or not. i think your just upset that a 4 door sedan would light you up. i just cant beleive how pissed off you get! actually i think its very funny. I really dont care if you beleive me or not and im done forcing my point on you because now your trying to bring up old shit. as i remember, we were talking about the lighting and the typhoon. You are also backing up ford the way every ford guy would. and i think u should take your own advice! "its ok to be wrong" LOLZ

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:39 AM     

It's just a fact and you know it too novaboy. If you don't then you don't know as much as you claim to. The Lightning is faster than the Typhoon. Like I said, hop onto ANY Lightning forum and ask some of the guys what they run stock. It's faster than what any Typhoon ever ran stock.

I am sorry you guys can't take facts, but that is what it is. I expected you to know this novaboy. I didn't expect Mr. "Stock GTP faster than a sock stang boy" to know this, so I am just educating him.

sweetdevil
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:44 AM     

In reply to:

Like I said, hop onto ANY Lightning forum and ask some of the guys what they run stock.

Not trying to pick sides on this fight, cuz I really don't know much about trucks, but I doubt too many people on a lightning site will tell u the truth anyway. Vehicles are better when they're your own!!!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:46 AM     

very true! its not like they would be biast or anything!! LOL

j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:54 AM     

Ask anyone for a scan of their timeslip. Is that truth enough for you?

http://www.commondriver.com/t01foligh0414.asp

In reply to:

Originally posted by fmos racing:
ROFL! Here we go with another Chevy boy and their bizarre logic - comparing a truck to a sports car.
First, Chevy Boy, that 14.3 is pretty pathetic. My stock 2000 truck ran 13.60s. Stock 2001s run 13.40s. Granted that's not enough to unseat a Z06, but how about we compare it to ANY Chevy truck? Eh? Awwww... so sad, you lose.

How about we compare a stock Lightning to a stock Impala SS? Oooo, that would be scary for you, huh SS-boy? The Impala SS couldn't match a Gen 1 Lightning in ANY measure of performance, to say nothing of a Gen 2.

Shame shame shame, a truck putting the smack on a car - granted, it's just a glorified taxi, but still... It's a car!

Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75

This conversation can be found at:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/Lightning/38_2.html

j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   9:54 AM     

I thought I found a site without a bunch of jackass kids. I guess I was wrong.

BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:00 AM     

who the hell said anything about a 14.3? and remember, it takes class to wear a bowtie! sadly, i dont have a chevy. its called a pontiac. do u know the difference? and here we go again with talking about other cars! i see u cant stick to one subject for to long. DO YOU HAVE A.D.D. ? lol

j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:03 AM     

It's fine, I just thought this site might not have a bunch of fast and furious bitches on it. Like I said, I was wrong about that. I'm not going to post here anymore anyways, so it's fine.

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Wed May 22, 02   10:04 AM     

lets see what my little calculator has to say lightning......380hp and 5000lbs=13.1lbs per hp...the typhoon=3800lbs/280(altho it was an underrated 330 but we will use 280)=13.5 this gives the lightning the weight to hp ratio but the typhoon is awd and it has a water cooler. so. on a hot day with a moderate driver a typhoon whould take a lighning with a comparable driver. on a cool day a lightning would walk a typhoon with a poor driver. thats if it only has 280hp...most say it has 330hp. and In 1/4 mile tests done by Car and Driver and other mags, the Syclone would beat a Ferrari 348ts. they run mid 13's stock. i mean griffy jr, clint eastwood and kennidy jr. have one...they have to be good.

novaboy
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8