This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 114419

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8  
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   7:22 AM     

well, im talking out of experience about the typhoon since my dad has one and i had a chance to race a lightning with it. i raced the guy 3 times and i had about a car length on him everytime. You cant tell me that he didnt know how to drive it because its an automatic truck. you have to remember that the typhoon is all wheel drive and can hook up rite outa the hole. so ive actually done it before. must have pissed that guy off too since he just payed big bucks for that truck. oh and all the typhoon had done to it was a k&n drop in filter and a cooler thermostat.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   7:24 AM     

oh and by the way, yes the typhoon has about 100 less hp but it is also a smaller and lighter truck. the lighting is a full size and the typhoon is a mid size.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   10:26 AM     

not that i dont think the typhoon won but....it does take talent to driving an automatic well. the lightning wight have 380hp but it is 2 1/2 tons of truck. my nova weighing 2650 only needs 200hp in order to have the same hp to weight ratio. its cool but its also heavy. i dont get this whole "big heavy truck going fast craze" i mean with 500hp and 500tq the sr 10 is only gonna run high 12's. wouldnt it be better to pu that same engine in say the dakoda(sp?)? i mean damn....whats the point of making such a heavy car so fast?

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   1:38 PM     

i agree, they should have made it in the dakota. ford should have had the lighting in a ranger in my opinion.

Fat_Tony

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   1:40 PM     

dude thats our theme in america tho bigger=better while there at it why dont they just put a 4cyl in there too? Good ideas but some guys like big trucks

I'll let my car do the talkin
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   1:56 PM     

Then you were racing a first-gen Lightning, because there is no way a stock Typhoon could take a stock 2nd gen Lightning. It's just a fact. They don't call it the fastest production truck on the planet because it's the second-fastest.

And yes, it takes skill. You might not have to think about shifting, but launching one is a bitch with that much torque and no weight in the back.

---------- [External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   2:09 PM     

nope, it was the 2nd gen and im sure of it since there is a big difference between the two of them. and yes, it is the fastest production truck because the typhoon isnt in production anymore. and yes, the guy had a good launch! just plain and simple, the typhoon is faster. we can argue all u want but i was there and this is what happened.

novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   2:18 PM     

i agree...the typhoon is underatted from the factory while the lightning is overratted. are we forgetting that the typhoon is a lot lighter...and has awd.

novaboy
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   2:18 PM     

go check out fordlighting.com it says there that these things run a 14.6! i dont know why they would lie about it. the typhoon goes through the traps at a 13.78! at least my dads did. i encourage you to check the site.

1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   5:37 PM     

yes you dads truck would beat a stock new lightning...but check this out...I got the SRT-10, 2001 Lightning and someother car that got in there somehow...I did it on accident...anyways here you go....
http://www.supercars.net/Comp?sourceList=1753&CompList=1753-717-467

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   5:43 PM     

and I know they f*ed up the trans info and someother things...I also think ford's website...the svt link...it should say...Both the GM, Dodge, Ford trucks are very, very respectable.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
BadAssDodge

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   6:54 PM     

hey do you guys know if trucks have the same california emissions standards as cars do?? Im thinking of buying a Dakota R/T because i always find myself needing a truck. I know they can be made fast but I dont want to worry about smogging it if I put stuff on there. Ive never had a car that needed smogging, so im clueless on this stuff. Do trucks have less restrictions than cars??

Faster & More Furious
novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   7:33 PM     

id take this over the ford or dodge any day....
http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&id=361&i=390&p=2001_chevrolet_silverado_ss-1.jpg&y=2000&m=Chevrolet&o=Silverado%20SS%20Concept

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Mon May 20, 02   8:24 PM     

In reply to:

Originally posted by BlownGTP:
go check out fordlighting.com it says there that these things run a 14.6! i dont know why they would lie about it. the typhoon goes through the traps at a 13.78! at least my dads did. i encourage you to check the site.

You are on crack if you believe that. I drove a stock 2nd gen lightning 1320 feet to the tune of 13.64. I trapped it at 103.4mph, so I know it has more in it. That was my first time EVER in the truck too, so I had never driven one on the street let alone at the track. Anyone that thinks it only runs 14.6 is WAAAAAY off or can't drive for shit. It's the fastest production truck EVER. That means any truck ever produced now or produced in the past. You can keep trying to argue with me, saying my dad's truck did this or that, but facts are facts.

Hop on ANY Lightning forum and ask them what a stock Lightning will do if you don't believe me. Email Evan Smith from Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and ask him what his ETs are from the Lightning. He is the same guy that spun a 12.4 from a stock '03 Cobra.

---------- [External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Tue May 21, 02   7:33 AM     

well actually im not on crack and im done arguing with you about this! we have 2 count them TWO websites saying its slower! i think i have proved my point well enough! its just one of those things that your going to stand by ford one way or another. so for now im done! CASE CLOSED!

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8