This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 114419

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8  
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 16, 02   9:21 PM     

You sure about that? 40K sounds kinda low. I was think high 40's, low 50's.

---------- [External Image Removed]
novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 16, 02   11:08 PM     

i was in hotrod mag. ill see if its on the net.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Thu May 16, 02   11:36 PM     

i couldn't find prices but i found some good info on it (didn't look really hard) .92 g in the skidpad almost 70mph in the slalom 0-60 in 5 seconds buh bye lightning http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/ram-srt-10.html

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
ramtrax_2k2

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   9:04 AM     

not sure ........ pulled it off of www.mattrax.com

but according to my book it a mid 70s

j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   10:28 AM     

Great link hooyeah.

In reply to:

More impressively, Ram SRT-10 runs the 0-100-0 mph dash in an estimated 18 seconds.

All I have to say is, damn. That is one fast truck. I still don't think it will cost 40K. I am thinking more like Z06 pricing. And if it costs that much. Which would you rather have?

hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   12:21 PM     

i'd rather have the ram hehe i'd much rather have the utility of a pickup but then again i am a truck guy

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:01 PM     

i like the new neon too...thats pretty damn quick for under20,000....tho i doubt it will sell for theat little.

novaboy
hooyeah
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   1:06 PM     

yah dodge is really starting to come out with some sweet stuff now the SRT-!) the SRT-4 and i'm not to sure but i heard that they were going to bring out a new intrepid r/t with the 5.7 hemi rear driver ( i heard this from a dodge nut friend) and i tihnk they are going back to rear drivers in their passenger cars. and the hemi i believe is 355 hp and 350 torque looks like the muscle cars may return now we ned those cool colors sublime green, plum crazy purple, panther pink

BadAssDodge

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Fri May 17, 02   8:17 PM     

yeah LH platform is gonna be replaced with the LX platform and the cab forward is gone. RWD is ognna be put in and Hemi will be an option. that new charger should be part of the line up

Faster & More Furious
BlownGTP

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sat May 18, 02   9:22 AM     

well, the gmc typhoon and the syclone would smoke a lightning. granted they dont make them anymore but it would still beat it.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
j0k3r

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sat May 18, 02   1:03 PM     

In reply to:

well, the gmc typhoon and the syclone would smoke a lightning. granted they dont make them anymore but it would still beat it.

Are you trying to tell me that a Typhoon with 100 less horsepower than a Lightning that could barely hang with my GT is going to beat a Lightning? I don't think so. If I remember right those ran low 14's high 13's stock. A Lightning is capable of low to mid 13s off the assembly line. Up until the SRT-10 comes out, the Lightning has been dubbed the fastest production truck, EVER. That is not me talking, that is every editor of every racing magazine there is practically. BTW, change the pulley and the Lightning will run 12s.

I know a guy with full exhaust, Long Tubes and a Magnaflow cat-back with a chip and pulley that is running 12.1@112. With traps like that, he could be in the 11s on some DR's. The Lightning is extremely fast. Only truck off the assembly line that will beat it will be an SRT-10.

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sat May 18, 02   7:10 PM     

CHEVY POWER!

1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sat May 18, 02   8:12 PM     

I was reading MM&FF(Muscle Mustans and Fast Fords for all you chevy guys...j/k) And on the lightning they changed the Supercharger with one that only gave 19hp more at the Same PSI as the stock supercahrger and it cost about 2 grand....then the boosted the PSI up to like 21....522hp and 600 lb.ft. of tq...at the wheels...I think by just changing the pulleys....It will probably cost less then most supercars that only have probably about half of that...And it was using the stock cats and MAF I think...But I know it used the stock cats...very powerful...and it could burn the ZO6 in the 1/4 mile anyday...with that beautiful 522hp and 600lb.ft of torque....at the wheels...now thats a truck...hehehe...watch out Chevy and Mopar guys....this truck will kick a lot more ass with only about $5k more after sticker price....hehehe...a hell of a lot less then a viper...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
LethalToy

Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sun May 19, 02   8:09 AM     

It would be nice to have that member from the old forums here to educate us on the Lightning since he had a couple ford trucks that were masively fast. I can't remember his screen name but i do remember seeing pics and specs of his pickups...............impresive.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
1969Stang
Re: ford or chevys   Posted Sun May 19, 02   3:41 PM     

I remember that guy...no one believed him at first...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 8