This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 93995

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
SweetNeon

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Fri Jan 19, 07   3:38 PM     

fuck off

newyorkdrags
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Sun Jan 21, 07   9:45 AM     

u old pussy eating muther fuckers wit pubic hair on there mouths couchie in face cant even afford a honda lawnmower so shut the fuck up bitches

Racerchic06
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Sun Jan 21, 07   4:48 PM     

the supercharger is prolly fake and you dont have to repair fords and chevys all the time unlike your little computerized toys you claim are trucks.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Sun Jan 21, 07   9:02 PM     

Are you trying to tell me that Chevys and Fords are just as reliable if not more reliable than Honda/Acura Toyota/Lexus? That has to be THE MOST assanine statement ever posted on these forums, and that says a lot.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Mon Jan 22, 07   2:18 PM     

That Toyota isn’t too bad, but if you want a truck with a little more grunt you would be better off going with a Ford.

Toyota,
381HP and 401tq, Payload- 2000lb, towing capacity- 10,800lbs(with tow package)

Ford 6.8L
362HP and 457tq Payload- 3000lb, towing capacity- 12,500lbs

Ford 6.0L turbo diesel
325HP and 570tq Payload- 3000lb, towing capacity- 15,000lbs

Even if you compare it to a f150 with the 5.4L that has less hp and less tq it still has a payload of 2700LB and if you go with the 4.11gears it has a towing capacity of 11,000 lbs!

So it might just be the best that Japan has to offer, but it has a ways to go to play with the big boys…

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Mon Jan 22, 07   2:39 PM     

The average consumer will buy the tundra over any of the above mentioned trucks, and with an optional supercharger it makes it that much better. Most people with trucks dont use them for hauling anything that heavy to begin with. I call it soccer mom syndrome.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Racerchic06
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Mon Jan 22, 07   10:26 PM     

because their stupid asses. their cars arent so bad such as skylines and supras but they just cant come barging into our country with their shitty designs and capacitys if youll read the statistics above. they just cant build a truck because where they come from is overpopulated anyways. all concrete. they aint never seen mud or clay or dirt. so they prolly dont know how to use 4wd anyways.

SweetNeon

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Tue Jan 23, 07   9:57 AM     

I tow my 28ft toy box with a vehicle in it aprox 13,000 lbs with my 1500 dodge ram. But it gets kind of crazy going over 65mph.

DBLDREW
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Tue Jan 23, 07   11:18 AM     

I doubt the average consumer is going to buy a Toyota Truck over any of the Domestic Trucks out there. Domestic Truck sales out sell Toyota Trucks 20:1. Again It’s not a bad truck but when it has more HP and more Tq then a Ford F150, but has a lower payload and towing rating, it isn’t that big of a threat…

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Tue Jan 23, 07   11:11 PM     

I dont understand that myself. More horsepower and torque but less payload and towing capacity? How can that be? Im willing to bet ford ramped up numbers.

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Tue Jan 23, 07   11:15 PM     

Shitty designs? Toyota is prime to be the #1 auto manufacturer in the WORLD. Theres a reason that ford and GM are going down the shitter, and design is among one of the reasons. The Tundra is a damn nice truck with great power numbers and amenities to go with it. You dont know what you're talking about.....again.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Wed Jan 24, 07   10:43 AM     

Well several things come into play. One thing is that Ford typically underrates it’s HP figures. Back when the first 32 valve 4.6L came out for the mustang it was rated at 300HP buy do to mass production and manufacturing variations the actual HP would very a bit from motor to motor and there where a lot of lawsuits that where filed. Sense then Ford has underrated the HP figures. Now if the car is rated at 300hp that is about what you would get for RWHP.

Anyway HP aside, there are a lot of other things that are taken into account. Like the strength of the trans, and rear end. You could have a 1000hp but if your trans is weak you won’t be able to tow much weight before you blow your trans. As far as the payload, that would be based a lot on the strength of the truck frame, suspension, bed etc.

Getting back to the motor just looking at the peak HP and TQ figures don’t tell the whole picture. For towing TQ is more important then HP, but also where the TQ peak comes on is very important. I believe the peak TQ of the Tundra comes on at around 3700 rpm. Which engine has more TQ between 1500-2500rpm? That is a much more important figure then peak TQ. So maybe the Tundra has more peak TQ then the f150 but maybe the ford has a better flatter tq curve for towing purposes.

Either way there is a lot more to it then just peak HP and TQ figures.

There is no way that Ford would ramp up those numbers. There are way to many people out there that use a truck to haul and tow. Ford trucks are designed to be work horses and if they overrated the numbers they would be falling apart.

The bottom line is the Ford trucks are just stronger.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Wed Jan 24, 07   1:30 PM     

I'll go ahead and say more beastly. Stronger implies durability to some, and I just cant imagine that.

[External Image Removed]
Racerchic06
Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Thu Jan 25, 07   2:37 PM     

I can. all designs are shitty these days. but the torque, gear ratios, transmission, motor, HP, compression, ect. is the important thing. i cant imagine that all these little toyota trucks and mitsubishis can measure up the a Ford 4X4, a dodge cummings, or a Chevy 4X4.
dbldrw(sry if i spelt your name wrng) is right. if the gear ratios in a truck are lower than it will pull more, but if the gear is higher than itll choke the motor. which is prolly what will happen to your little toyota.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Any truck guys in here...?   Posted Thu Jan 25, 07   3:56 PM     

Choke the motor? How do you choke a motor in its powerband? You say "little toyota" but you dont say "little ford f150", even though the Tundra is built better and has more power? Why is that? Could it be because you are extremely biased because your a redneck whore who fears change and anything not built in the USA? I think it is.

[External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4