This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 49112

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
uhohv6powa
Low cost Modifications   Posted Mon May 13, 02   4:08 PM     

I have a 2000 V6 mustang, dont knock it, v8 was going to kill me in insurance and cost so i ad to go with the lower end, and i did not want to buy a civic or some bullshit, but i am in need of suggestions to add some powa to it i have about 1000$ to spend on modifications and i would like to hear what i could add i know its not alot of money, its what i can afford right now. I have already converted it to the dual exhaust setup like the GT. Any help would be great thanks.

1969Stang
Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Mon May 13, 02   5:56 PM     

k&n gen. 2 air intake kit...or drop in a 5.0 from an 88 GT...don't tell the insurance company...and you could pick up one of those engines for like 150 at a junk yard...then just rebuild it...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
j0k3r

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   1:00 AM     

K&N intake is shiz.
Get a Densecharger from www.densecharger.com.

Get Timing adjuster and pullies from www.steeda.com.

Put some 3.73s in back.

Check out www.v6power.net. You can get the hookup over there. The pullies and T/A are a definite must. The densecharger will give a better sound and some pull up top.

---------- [External Image Removed]
j0k3r

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   1:02 AM     

Oh yeah, and get yourself a tri-ax from www.steeda.com. I don't know how anyone can stand to shift through that stock slushbox.

BlownGTP

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   7:14 AM     

if it were my car, i would put the gears in the back, exhaust, and spray it with a nice healthy shot of nitrous. nitrous is the best bang for your buck and the motor should handle it.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
j0k3r

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   11:54 AM     

Nitrous and V6 Mustangs don't mix well at all. Most you can go safely is a 50 shot and even that won't last long with the shitty valves on those motors.

And he already has exhaust.

Trust me, just do what I suggested and your car will feel a LOT better.

camarolover

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   6:38 PM     

heyi have a v6 as well cause of the insurance its a 2002 camaro and i want the drop in a 402 hemmy does anyone know where i can find that engine and how much it can cost

novaboy

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   6:41 PM     

man thats tight!!!!i woud do the 454 hemi...its the only way to go. it will be like 4000 for the engine and another 1500 for the swap. oh soot dude i forgot you have to put in an aftermarket rifibulation regulator or else youll keep blowing the heads. but if you do it youll run like 7's!!!!!! good luck!!!!

novaboy
camarolover

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   6:45 PM     

thanx man apreciate it man alright cool

BadAssDodge

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   6:46 PM     

a 402 hemi doesnt exist.the 402 is a stroked out 360 wedge from chrysler or a 400 engine bored about .010 over. make it easy go with a LS1 v8 or just sell it and get a Z28 youll save time money hassle and itll be under warranty, it will be better

Faster & More Furious
hooyeah
Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   7:31 PM     

hehe the 402 hemmy umm ok wutever works for you a few problems i see with that a 402 hemmy doesn't exist actually no hemmy exist it's a hemi and 2nd of all it's a chrysler motor and dude just stick with the v6 i don't think a v8 would be good for you

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
camarolover

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   9:04 PM     

hey hoohyea listen i fucked up on the 402 my bad but maybe u should get your own ideas instead of listening to dodge but im pretty sure that a 454 hemmy exist and when i get that in all call u and ill bring my camaro down there and smoke your ass bitch

hooyeah
Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   9:29 PM     

so u meant 454 umm ok well i am pretty sure that the hemispherical combustion chamber is patented by daimler chrysler (not positive ont hat but i think it is) so i seriously doubt that there is a 454 hemi unless it is an over bored 426 but it is still going to be a chrysler engine so u'd have alot of mods to put it in there. if my info is wrong and this 454 HEMI (with an i) does exist than i apolagise but dude have u ever seen one have u ever heard of one and do u even know that hemi is a dodge engine even when ford had the 429 i do believe they had to call it a semi hemi or sometihng. and do ytou know what makes a hemi a hemi? oh yah and about copying badassdodge's ideas wut the hell are you talking about and i don't really care if u wanna come here and smoke me u should feel proud being able to beat a stock 92 cavalier

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
j0k3r

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   9:45 PM     

V6 to V8 swaps are hella dollars in a late-model F-body. You might as well trade the bad boy in for an SS or a Z28. You'll save money and MUCH time.

camarolover

Re: Low cost Modifications   Posted Tue May 14, 02   9:56 PM     

actually it will cost more for the ss and z28 cause i want a convertable and an ss convert is 33 and a z28 is 31 and id probaly if im lucky get 20 for my car and i have enough money to do the swap i know its spendy but i think its worth it and if i dont do the swap i might just get a ford lighting and hohyeah i have heard of the 454 but i have never seen it so if im wrong i just heard wrong i know u dont think it maTTERS IF IT A CONVERTABLE but i want it just cause its so much nicer to drive anyway if i dont get the swap or the lightning i dont know what ill get maybe an old 50

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4