This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 64035

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)  
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   8:48 AM     

the r/c was the first removable top suv? what's an r/c?

the scout was the first suv, period. it came out before the bronco and had a removable top the first year.

jason.

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   9:01 AM     

scout costs:

$400 vehicle (345 equipped '74 scout ii w/ 727 torqueflite)
$100 Cam bearings installed
$200 fluidampr (so no more cam bearing wearout in 150k miles)
$200 392 heads
$89 petronix ignitor ignition module
$400 interior facelift
$600 cheap-o but decent paint job
$500 some gppd tires that'll stuff in the wheel wells
$100 plug wires/cap/rotor/plugs/amsoil filter/amsoil
$1000 intake manifold modified, fuel injection, electric fuel pump and o2 sensor

total cost: $3589. and it would be mildly psycho, look good and start every single time. for another configuration, you could go with a 4bbl carburetted application with a holley blue fuel pump for i'd think about 500 bucks less than that. then you could take that $500 and put it into a port matching / bowl blending and valve job.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   11:24 AM     

ramcharger sorry came out in 74 i think with removable hard top they cancelled the removable hardtop in 79 or 80 could be gotten with a 440 4 speed and removable top also could be gotten as plymouth trailduster

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   11:34 AM     

OR A PLYMOUTH PROSPECTOR!!!! hahahahahah. i'm surprised anybody remembers those. the first scout came out in '60 i believe. i know the dodge came with the prospector package as well, but the only ramcharger/ply that i have seen just said plymouth on the front and 'prospector on the side.

i didn't know they put 440's in ramchargers. cool! that was the vehicle i had my first offroad experience in. godfather's son, my best friend took me out on their ranch in it. we were going about 50 and went off the side of a 6' drop. thing just sailed off the ledge, landed in the meadow, kicked up a bunch of mud, and kept going. pretty soft suspension compared to my scout, certainly fun to go runnin around in...

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   11:48 AM     

for all your ramcharger needs and some great pics and just any dodge info in general go here www.ramchargercentral.com great ppl great forums great site very knowledgable check out the pics section in the forums the rc and td are definately sweet most have 5.2 or 5.9 but yes there definately are the big block ones out there this site has started it's own off road event and big meet as well

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   11:52 AM     

ever heard of the '78 dodge lil' red express? or worse yet, the superstock sport truck from '64 that came with a 426 hemi and put out 365 horse?

the lil red was the fastest production automobile in 1978. had like 3.88 gears stock, four speed, built 360...pretty neat. and it got around the light truck exemption to the smog laws. in '79 that changed all because of that darn truck and it's twin stacks exhaust / high compression.

mopar is odd. but they do some cool stuff every once in a while. like the glh-s, turbo deytona and omni's. 'course the viper is an abomination.

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   11:59 AM     

the lil red express one word classic i always hav eloved that truck there are so many others as well the dude option on power wagons i believe old dodge trucks though ramchargers traildusters powerwagons noone knws about them really and parts are hard to come by

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   12:01 PM     

my dad has a '78 powerwagon step side. it's a fuckin monster. feels like you're driving the cattle truck.

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   12:03 PM     

check out that site sometime i'm sure some of them would love to hate your scout they are all mopar nuts but they still respect the others yet bash the hell out of them that site is getting huge now and i think u'll enjoy a visit in there

sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   1:04 PM     

that all sounds great, but I don't know how timely it would get done!!! I don't know how willing DOT is to be my mechanic!!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   1:54 PM     

well,

scouts are pretty odd. most big three (plus the little two - toyota and nissan) 4x4 owners like to bash everybody else, but when you say you own a scout, they usually say something like, 'ohhhhhh....cool.' scout people are a very inclusive group. our club up here, sierra scouts, routinely lets members with other non IH 4x4 vehicles tag along to the runs without saying a word about them. even a j**p every once in a while... the 'j**p' references online are the only way most scout owners scowl at other 4x4 owners. probably because idiots who have no idea what a scout is often refer to them as j**ps.

so i'm gonna log on there and see how they act. i'm sure they'll REALLY like the fact that i own a lowered dodge truck. bahahaha....

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   2:02 PM     

they'll love the lowered dodge post some pics of your rides they'll love them all and i'm sure they'd be more than willing to hear about your innovations and creations they're accepting with discrimination for fun they'd love to hear some of your ideas, and the jeep thing i don't blame them has that slotted grill the rc guys complain about blazer and nice bronco remarks all the time

sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   3:04 PM     

I think you two need your own forum.... lol

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
LethalToy

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   7:53 AM     

whats with all the cussing? Potty mouth !! Every second word outta your mouth is J**p this and J**p that. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth.

Yea I hear you @ the scouts. Probably one of the most capable offroad trucks from the factory next to the Rovers. The only problem with them is most new offroaders don't have the time or patience to look for or restore/build an older vehicle and then thrash on it offroad. The 73-87 Chev's are just to cheap and easy to pass up. For under $4000 you can buy an older Chev w/350 or 454, 14bolt, add a 12"suspension, 3"body, cutouts, 44" tires, beadlocked rims, lockers, gears, some engine goodies and even replace some of the body panels or add some armour and still have enough to fill the gas tank.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   9:54 AM     

very true lethal. don't worry, i'll watch my mouth ;-)

my best friend just traded his bonneville for an '86 jimmy with a 350, 400,000 miles on the clock and $2000.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)