This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 64035

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   8:17 AM     

Sorry to hear that lethal....

DOT's truck is 2WD, and it goes EVERYWHERE at Glamis.... He's even pulled out 4WD's!!! But a lot of it is the driver and the engine.... We've got a buddy with an F-150 that gets stuck A LOT...

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   9:05 AM     

buy a scout, devil! you'll love it! buy one with a shot to shit engine or a 4 cylinder...

THEN, go to www.binderbulletin.org, find a 345 bottom end in good shape, re-do the cam bearings (only part on that mill that ever goes bad - it's a fully forged bottom end stock with a helical cut geardrive cam - hence the bearings go), get a set of 392 heads, and port the shit out of em, slap em on the 345 short block and you'll have a $500 350 horse, 550 lb ft of torque monster.

game over. you can take the top of, run it with the top on, carry your friends and sand drag all day long. you can even toe it up against turbo diesels at the tractor pulls.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   9:07 AM     

$35,000 for a car that runs 11's? that's rediculous. i could build one for $15,000 with the right juice that would run 10's.

it's a waste of money, a 12 second car for somebody who doesn't like to get their hands dirty.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   10:51 AM     

That sounds real nice, but the reason i'm thinking S-10 is gas mileage (DOT lives 45 minutes away from me) and DOT is the mechanic so what I get is pretty much up to him cuz I can't build it!!! lol

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   2:32 PM     

with the initial money you would save on a scout, you could equip it with a fuel injection system and closed loop o2 sensor for under $1000, and end up with a 350 horse / 550+lb ft bad assed unbreakable rig that gets the same mileage as an s10. and with that fuel injection system and no porting on the heads, you'd probably be looking at more like 275 horse and 650-700 lb ft of torque. i AM NOT KIDDING. i know that sounds insane like something an international navistar 530 cube I-6 diesel would produce, but no bullshit, it would be a torque monster. you could pull the front end off the ground letting off the clutch. an automatic would almost be a necessity.

also, the $400 scout w/ 345 (bottom end ready to go too!) that i found for you up here, has a 727 Torqueflight.

COME ON BUY A SCOUT!!! you will never have a better 4x4 racer. if you want to see a scout in a 4x race or an ice race (equipped with 4" spikes in the tires, going 70 around corners on a frozen lake in minnesota), let me know and i can point you to some videos online. they're tuff truck worthy right out of the box with a few gussets on the axles and the frame.

constantly espousing the virtues of IH superiority,

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   3:57 PM     

i may get a scout hmmm

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 29, 02   4:31 PM     

they are so damn fun. i can't begin to explain. i've only really broken mine once, blew up a dana 44 rear end that had a seeping axle leak at the outer bearing. never saw it leaking, then it was so far down on fluid it heated up and snapped a tooth off. then it was all downhill from there.

either way, i've had the front end a good three feet off the ground, both ends a good foot off the ground at 45mph, and when it came back down each time it hit HARD. it fucking hurt BAD. felt like somebody was trying to fuck me in the ass with a bucket seat. smacked my head on the steel top once too. ouch. but the truck never broke a bit suspension wise, well nothin broke on those leaps. just me. the engines are like the cross between a tractor mill and a tank.

jason

sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   2:04 PM     

DOT???

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   3:21 PM     

ok, well maybe that was a bit graphic. either way, you'll break before it does. it's a good litmus test. kindof like the canary in the coal mine.

the only thing it won't do (an auto will cure this) is rev high. so if you're mud bogging / sanddragging, you better be good at grabbin gears. i can get it from first to fourth in a mud puddle in about five seconds. by that time, the rooster tails out all four wheels are nearly 100 ft. high. ;-) ok, well, that's probably an exaggeration!

it's all about the International, baby... my license plate says STOMPER, and the back windshield says "Harvester of Sorrow" on it.

it'd make you sorry that you bought an s-10 or a ranger..that's for sure.

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   3:25 PM     

what setup do u have in yours?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   4:12 PM     

here's the stock stuff on it:

345 V8 8.65:1 compression, Gnarly RV Cam profile

Borg Warner T19A Transmission (4 Speed Manual)

Dana 20 Two Speed Xfer Case

Dana 44 Axles Front and rear 3.54:1 Ratio, soon to be 3.73.

BUT, it's a selective edition, a special package for the dealership. Each dealer got two, 1/4 of which were brown like mine. meaning in my color in selective edition there were 378/37,000 scouts made that year. Each of these selective edition scouts came with the following:

1/4" thick steel gas tank skidplate

heavy duty leaf springs

Gold anodized 15"x9" jackman rims

gold stripe down the side

Tilt wheel

Air Conditioning

Limited Slip in the rear axle (Trac Loc)

SuperScout II Grille (Hummer looking ABS Plastic Grille)

SuperScout II interior bits (The SSII was the soft top/doorless monster, mine has doors and a hardtop plus a ton of stuff the SS/II didn't have)

A bunch of other things i can't remember to list

NOW, the modifications that I made:

Maserati Merak Bucket Seats up front (previous owner did that, he owned a ferrari/maserati dealership)

Intake Manifold Throats Bored to Double Original Diameter

670 CFM Holley 2bbl Pro-Jection System Installed w/ Electric Fuel Pump and Stainless Steel fuel lines.

Closed Loop O2 Sensor Kit for Projection System

MSD Offroad 6 Ignition w/ MSD Offroad Blaster Coil w/ MSD Plug Wires; Pertronix Ignitor in the original Prestolite Distributor.

Autometer Gauges (Tach, Speedo, H20 Temp, Oil Press, EGT Pyrometer Gauge, AFM Gauge) in custom milled aluminum insert on fiddleback maple burl dash (not installed yet, but it's finished)

Pioneer CD Player w/ 400 watt Phoenix Gold Amp, 2 Pioneer 3 Channel 6x9's, 2 Infiniti 8's, 1 10" JL Audio Sub. (all in the garage waiting to be installed as soon as my pops gets off his ass and ships me the burlwood pieces for the dash)

31"x10.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws for Shoes

1800 Watt Power Converter

that's my scout! i love it. sorry to be so damn proud of such an old beater of a truck, but it's pretty darn cool. oh, and after i blew up the rear end, yes it still drove home in front wheel drive. no problem. next few modifications after i fix the rear axle and install the dash (instead of all these silly little gauge pods that i currently have), i'll be installing a currie industries twin stick so i can go FWD, RWD or 4WD. it's a whole different monster in front wheel drive... very interesting. really good in the snow (which we get here every year once or twice)...

jason

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   4:14 PM     

oh, and it's at the stock ride height, no lift, and i have on more than one occasion seen a vehicle with over 6" of lift get stuck in a spot that i just drove right through.

jason

hooyeah
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   4:29 PM     

it's a hard top i thot that r/c was the first removable top suz

BlownGTP

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   6:17 AM     

HAHAHAHA, you have to love the air conditioning!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   7:15 AM     

that sounds really cool... the scout that is up there is how much? And how much will it cost me to make the mod's to it so that it's a decent driver?

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5