This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 64035

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
fordguy

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Sat Jul 20, 02   8:22 PM     

cuz your del sol is a hundred times better right? del sol..... looks like a wanna-be modern el camino on crack. BAD crack

JcAus
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Sun Jul 21, 02   8:44 PM     

Heheheheha thats a pretty good description of 'em

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Mon Jul 22, 02   3:12 PM     

hey ford boy, if you EVER

EVER EVER EVER EVER

liken a honda del sol to an el camino, so help me god i will find you and smear shit all over the windsheld of that beautiful '03 mach 1. then carve 'pinto' onto the rear decklid.

hehehehhehe... shit, couldn't you have said a del sol looks like a modern ranchero on crack, bad crack? i mean the ranchero was uglier than the el camino every year it was produced (except maybe the '57 that wasn't a falcon derivative. that's a purdy car!!! and there was no el camino in '57 to compare it to!!

and i am just kidding...e-mail me though.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
1969Stang
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 23, 02   1:12 PM     

ouch...that hurts...I like the 68-69 rancheros...those look good.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 23, 02   4:25 PM     

hehe, '69stang, that's what makes you a ford guy and me a chevy guy i suppose!! ;-)

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
fordguy

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 23, 02   4:30 PM     

no worries. That was a little harsh comparing the el camino to to honda. I happen to like chevy i just like ford a little more. Its in my blood. Thanks again for the help jason

sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 23, 02   4:55 PM     

I think that some mustangs are ok looking cruisers, but not racers.... but the RANCHERO?!?!? was really good for nothing besides hauling a lawnmower....

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
1969Stang
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Tue Jul 23, 02   7:09 PM     

okay lets stop this before this gets ugly...I'm getting my feelings hurt...

uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   9:49 AM     

well, i'll give the falcon ranchero some props. i have a bmw friend who has raced csl's for years, naturally aspirated, twin turbo, you name it. he used to (i am NOT bullshitting) have a falcon ranchero with a 428 scj or a 429 shotgun, i can't remember. anyway, he would strap his harley softail into the bed, and run the car around road atlanta, lapping people in lotus super 7's....

then one day he left the car at a friend's shop, the friend decided to do a fat burnout in front of the shop, front brakes let go midspin, and ran the car through the cinder block back wall of the shop!!!

so set up right, with a lot of weight in the back, the ranchero is able to kick ass.

jason

sweetdevil
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   1:43 PM     

it may kick/haul ass, but you gotta admit, it still looks like ass

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   2:45 PM     

admit?? shit i was the first one to comment on the inability of ford designers to make a good looking car-truck. hell, the ranchero that was based on the torino or whatever, the gt model was the ugliest fucking vehicle i've ever seen. low slung hood line w/ a big fat assed bed. don't ask me whose idea that was. looks uglier than a '70 Oldsmobile Ninety-eight. and that's an ugly car. or worse yet a matador, or worse than that, a mid 70's buick electra.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   3:53 PM     

Personally, ive never seen a ford that i have ever liked the looks of. well, maybe one. i liked elanore from gone in sixty seconds but thats about it. no offense to you ford guys out there.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   4:35 PM     

ok, i'll name a few good lookin fords...

the 40's ford coupes. the 50's ford trucks. late 50's especially. the 30's ford coupes, duh. they're only the most overbuilt section of hot rod history.

did you ford fans know that the only time in the 60's that ford had fast cars in their stable was the two and a half years that bunkie knudsen was the general manager of ford? the ceo's fired him shortly thereafter for building such monstrous creations as the 427, 428 scj, etc.

prior to that he was the general manager of pontiac for 12 years.

goes to show, the only time fords were worth a piss is when they had a gm good ol' boy at the helm.

go chevy go. b-o-p too.

jason

1969Stang
Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Wed Jul 24, 02   9:35 PM     

the old rancheros began on there one chassis I think. The took the falcon body style..then the fairlane..then the Gran torino.71-73 I think it was...or it may have been 70-73 for the g.t...plus I like a lot of the fords body styles...I also love some of the chevys and some mopars...like the 68-70 chevelles and el co's. love the darts and most anything old mopar..anything..I like some novas...so most ford guys don't just like fords...we all have a common intrest we all love smoking hondas...j/k...my friend was out at fontana last weekend I think he said and he saw a civic run 10.19...now thats a fast car...nothing compared on what I'm planning on building...I have only told two people about it...heres the Idea a car that weights 2000 pound stock...and it rwd. and have it lightnend some...and put in a nice motor in it...probably 351w supercharged...and all of this in a none smog car...having about 400+ rwhp...450+ lb. ft. of torque...thats all I can tell you right now...I already have the car in mind...and yes the engine in mind too...yes...very nice...

storm

Re: Roush Stage 2   Posted Thu Jul 25, 02   3:03 AM     

well really i don't like fords much only the mustangs, old F100's and i have to say the one from gone in 60 too but other then that i hate fords, sorry about people who like fords but i was just giving my input

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5