This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 43617

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
ToxicCarbon
has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sat Aug 26, 06   4:10 PM     

Volkswagen has recently released a "Twincharger" engine on a Golf GT. The Inline 6 Cylinder Twincharger Engine comes with both a supercharger and a turbocharger. At low engine RPM, the supercharger blasts air into the cylinders to enhance low-end torque. At high RPM, when exhaust gases have been produced in sufficient quantity, the turbocharger kicks in to increase top-end performance. The GT, which is available only in Europe, hits 62 miles per hour in 7.9 seconds. It can also reach 136 miles per hour while still delivering 39 miles per gallon. this just sounds insane and smart! so if anyone has any thoughts on this please leave your comments here.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   1:17 AM     

0-60 in 8 seconds? That isnt anythign to brag about. My stock Integra can do that, and its pretty sad if a twincharged car of any kind cant do better.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
ToxicCarbon
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   11:02 AM     

no no no i wanst trying to say that is was fast im just saying that the technology is pretty kewl. i have never seen a production car that had a supercharger and a turbo charger. thats all

NOS
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   11:05 AM     

but whats the point if it has all that shit and is as slow as a honda theirs no point in paying as much as it probaly costs (around 35k prolly more)

RACINLIFE IS A HOMO TOO!!!! http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3981/megahomoed1.jpg
OMG str33tracin IS A HOMO http://i2.tinypic.com/23igwol.jpg
ToxicCarbon
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   11:24 AM     

no your not getting the poiNt. once other manufactures get wInd of this they to will start doinG it and then we will have Good fast cars with a twinchargEr engine system. and ill bet it dosnt cost 35k its prolly aRound like 27

NOS
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   3:57 PM     

not if they copyright it or patent it or whatever

RACINLIFE IS A HOMO TOO!!!! http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3981/megahomoed1.jpg
OMG str33tracin IS A HOMO http://i2.tinypic.com/23igwol.jpg
69charger
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   7:05 PM     

hey i was recently at the hotrod supernationals put on by the nhra and at the car show they had a race ready z28 with a blower but at a closer look it had an exaust mounted turbo also, i thought it was pretty damn neat but they took it on the dyno at the show (they dyno was by dynomax) anyway it pulled an 1104 whp i believe. man u should of heard that thing

[External Image Removed]
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Aug 27, 06   8:35 PM     

The technology is not new. HKS used to make twincharger kits way back in the day. Theres a reason that you never hear of anything being twincharged: its called pointless. The supercharger limits the turbo's overall ability. Having a good TT setup is just as good on the low end, and the top end is amazing.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Aug 28, 06   8:28 AM     

Unless you have some sort of clutch system that separates the supercharger pulley when you hit high rpm it would completely be pointless. The reason that turbos make so much power is because there is no drag on the motor. So running both is stupid because you still have the drag on the motor spinning the supercharger.

In fact if you think about it you have doubled your hp robbing. Both a turbo and a supercharger create a hp loss to generate hp (of course the hp that you gain is way more then you lose). Now the supercharger has a direct drag on the motor when it is spinning the supercharger, while a turbo robs hp because of the exhaust backpressure created. So we now have hp loss from the drag created by the supercharger AND the added exhaust backpressure. That could be the worlds most inefficient forced induction motor ever…

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Aug 28, 06   9:19 AM     

Seriously. With just the SC or turbo, that car would be making at least an extra half the amount of horsepower it does with the twincharger system. I guess people havent heard of "too much of a good thing."

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Aug 28, 06   9:58 AM     

All it is, is a marketing ploy for people who don’t have any knowledge about cars. Idiots who see turbo and supercharger think that it must be twice as good…

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
ShotgunStang429

Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Sun Oct 22, 06   10:34 PM     

it isnt for power its for fuel economy. they dont use it on six cylinders they have it on a small ass 4 banger, somethin like a 1.4 L. and they dont put shit for boost in either charger so its pointless, i guess a good starting point if nothing else

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
NOS
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Oct 23, 06   3:03 PM     

OH MY FUCKING GOD Y THE FUCK WOUKLD U BRING UP A 3 MONTH OLD POST JUST FOR THAT SHIT POST?

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
Iwantasupra

Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Oct 23, 06   4:23 PM     

You have a point, and it's good you know something about cars.

Also, NOS, you bumped it again by putting your post, so don't blame him.

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
NOS
Re: has any one ever heard of a TwinCharger?   Posted Mon Oct 23, 06   4:49 PM     

it was fucking at the top so i actualy didnt bump it fucker

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3