This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 9418

ToxicCarbon
go kart nitrous???   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   10:43 AM     

ok ok ok, now ive got a questin/idea. my uncle built his own drag el camino that runs low 8's from scratch and he tells me this idea is not only possible but plausible as well. i have a 5 hp briggs and stratton go kart and we want to install a nitrous unit on it. now i know i sound kinda crazy but its doable. we are gonna mill the head to a MAX of 7hp and drill a hole in the carb and insert the nitous jet. and were gonna jet it down to about 1 hp. now hes gonna sell me a 10 pound bottle (NOS) with a hi-flow valve already on it. he gonna sell me the bottle and the hook ups for $50.00 witch i thought was an A+ price. so who thinks this is a good idea and will not blow the motor and who thinks this is just some dumb 15 year and his crazy uncle wasting time, money, and a perfectly good motor? leave your thoughts and comments, thanks

LT1_BOY
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   12:53 PM     

sounds pretty cool i have a old racing go kart frame and a racing engine that runs off methanol and we already have slicks on the back we think it's going to run a low 8 to a mid 8

ToxicCarbon
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   7:44 PM     

your go kart will run low-mid 8's in a 1/4 mile??? wow thats way fast, unforchunetly mine will never run that fast. not in a million years, if im lucky it will prolly run a 1/4 in like maybe 18 or 19 seconds. i say that because i remember an electric ford golf/street cart running 29 mph solid at the la dragstrip and it ran 21 seconds i believe. but at max my kart will be a 10 horse, so we'll see what we can do and once its done ill post pictures and tell you guys what it does.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   9:17 PM     

Your go kart wouldnt run 8's if you put a Hayabusa motor on it. Quit bullshitting us.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Mon Jul 17, 06   2:33 PM     

No it’s completely easy to get a go cart to run 8 second ¼ mile times. All you need to do is figure out how to make that Briggs and Stratton make around 1200hp… how hard could that be?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Mon Jul 17, 06   6:24 PM     

Lawl.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   9:38 AM     

know not really my gocart has i think 74hp and it can't get close to 8 1/4 mile it's about 13 1/4 mile. But if you use nitrous then the gocart would probably fall apart because the aren't built to go that fast.

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   12:24 PM     

I dont understand how people are claiming to make anything over 10-15 hp with a friggin lawnmower motor.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   1:52 PM     

Str33tRacer man I missed you, all the lies, all the b.s. it’s good to have you back man! 74hp? Do you mean 7.4 hp? Man do I love the crap that you post!

You realize the most powerful race engine produced from Briggs & Stratton is the v twin that puts out 20hp? Not to bad for a go-cart. Now how exactly did you get a go-cart motor up to 74hp? I just cant wait for your next bull shit reply.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Iwantasupra

Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   5:20 PM     

Heh, Str33tracer, you have never had an honest post on this board. Honestly. And anyways, Even if you made a go-cart that fast, no one would give a shit because you riced it out with neon. Disgusting. But anyways, if you had a go-cart that fast, id've read it in a Magazine or seen it on TV. You're such a freakin liar.

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
buddhakwake
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Sat Jul 22, 06   9:09 AM     

I think it's "just some dumb 15 year and his crazy uncle wasting time, money, and a perfectly good motor", but that's the great thing about this country, people have the right to be idiots and blow themselves up doing that kind of stuff.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: go kart nitrous???   Posted Sat Jul 22, 06   9:11 AM     

I'm just waiting for someone to quote the beach boys when they talk about their go kart "she's ported and relieved and she's stroked and bored, she'll do a hundred and forty in the top and floored." Now, who can name that song?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.