This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 5414

Str33tRacer

Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   9:35 AM     

Who do you think will win in a race? : 1/4 mile
THE CARS:
1: 2006 Charger R/T W/ HEMI: Nitrous, nitrous equalizer, turbo, sequtial blow-off valve, CAI system, ram air induction system, cat back exhaust, and last but not least carbon fiber hood and wing.
OR
2: 1969 Camaro Z/28 side exhaust: Nitrous, nitrous equalizer, 14" Blower w/ ramair on hood, CAI system in blower, cat back exhaust system, and stripped out everything except one seat, and carbon fiber hood and trunk. ( stock rims )

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
buddhakwake
Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   11:30 AM     

Okay, a couple of questions for you: One, why the hell would you put a wing on the 2006 charger for 1/4 mile runs (you're not going to get significant lift without it that your times would be damaged)? And why would you need a cold air intake on a vehicle that is already drawing its intake air from outside the engine compartment (that hoodscooped '14" Blower w/ ramair on hood'), not to mention both ramair and cold air on the 06?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Str33tRacer

Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   11:36 AM     

I think that's what the blower is for is Cold Air Intake. If the charger didn't have a wing there wouldn't be enough down force on the Charger so the back end would go up!

buddhakwake
Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   11:42 AM     

It's not going to hit 140 so there's no need. The speeds are too slow and you're going in a straight line, it's not going to be an issue. And a blower is a SC, the hood scoop on top essentially gives you a cold air intake.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
newagehotrod

Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   1:51 PM     

the charger would definetly smoke the camaro, the only reason i think the camaro might win would be the weight on the charger.

Str33tRacer

Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Thu Jul 6, 06   8:09 PM     

yeah i would have thought the charger would have won too!

DBLDREW
Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Fri Jul 7, 06   8:59 PM     

How much boost is each car making, what size motor is in the Camaro, what size nitrous kit are they running?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Str33tRacer

Re: Who would win in a race?   Posted Fri Jul 7, 06   9:57 PM     

depends what cars!