This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 3252

ToxicCarbon
stupid ricers!!!! god i hate them   Posted Mon Jul 3, 06   10:39 AM     

you know what i hate? how import owners think that 10 grand and nitrous will make any car the shit. realisticly take any muscle car and put about 2 or 3 grand max and alot of skills and it will WAY faster than any ricer with 50 grand in it! and stupid importers think that NOS is the name of nitrous,sorry pal NOS is a brand of nitrous made by Holley performance. nitrous oxide is a flammible chemical injected into the cylinders to act as a secondary gasoline. and ricers think that alot of exterior parts will give them mad respect, i can almost guarantee that if you have a 69 camaro SS rebuilt and restored running good times will get triple the respect and cash with half the effort. hey man, sorry for sayin all this but as long as ive been on cvsr ive noticed that nobody has said this, and somebody HAS to. so i think im done now. leave your comments and thoughts.

Str33tRacer

Re: stupid ricers!!!! god i hate them   Posted Mon Jul 3, 06   11:55 AM     

no NOS means Nitrous Oxide System! which just happens to be the name af a brand of nitrous all though i love what you wrote I got to say you need to do your research about stuff everything elese you wrote is cool!

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
DBLDREW
Re: stupid ricers!!!! god i hate them   Posted Mon Jul 3, 06   6:31 PM     

Yes your right that NOS is the abbreviation for Nitrous Oxide Systems, but that company is owned by Holly, which is what he originally said…. So I guess you need to do your research.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Str33tRacer

Re: stupid ricers!!!! god i hate them   Posted Mon Jul 3, 06   6:36 PM     

no im saying you can use the word NOS two ways and they both are abreviated the same way so you can say wow cool nos system or i like the brand nos! see both ways

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
buddhakwake
Re: stupid ricers!!!! god i hate them   Posted Wed Jul 5, 06   8:02 PM     

I've tried to say the things about putting stupid parts on the outside of your car. And if I had my 'druthers I'd be working on a nice old piece of muscle car right now (like that 67 Mustang I tried to get in HS) or even a nice old import (the 1972 240Z I was promised growing up, that was sold by a friend of my father as a "favor"). However, due to the various circumstances of my life I have an import I'm trying to build up. I'm saving the exterior parts until later, and then will merely restrict it to functional things (slightly larger wheels 15 or 16 inch from the original 14 inches, and since I have to replace 2 major exterior panels already I would like to replace the body panels with carbon fiber or fiberglass to save weight). I, like the real muscle car drivers (since there are domestic ricers, or Uncle Bens as I call them) find it a horrible insult to cars and tuning when people mount useless things on their cars to be cool. Your comments on having to spend 50k for an import to be fast is too broad. Yes, there are many imports that require a lot of money to be fast (however, quite a lot of that 50k that tends to get used for things other than engine parts, like suspension parts and the aforementioned useless body parts), but there are cars that don't require that much work. There is also the consideration that there are people who don't just want to go fast in a straight line. It would take much more work to make that Mustang handle well than to make my MR2 handle well (after all, it's only 2200 pounds, is mid-engined, and has stiffer suspension to begin with) and I can make my MR2, and with about 5k I could make my MR2 run quarters in the high 12s to low 13s (12.8-13.5) even with my 300 pounds in the car. That's not slow by any means for a car that cost me 2k originally and then another 5k afterwards, and still only runs a 2.0 liter engine. And as far as the NOS thing is concerned, it is a linguistic laziness, like always asking for coke at a restauarant when you mean coke or pepsi, just so long as it is a cola. It is the same thing with NOS, people just use that term as the general term because of the laziness in language that is so prevalent in our society (that is why you will hear non-ricers referring to it as NOS as well).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.