This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 6739

AHS_ranger
Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:02 PM     

i got a prob with my truck. Its a 2.0 Liter I-4 and the damn thing is louder than hell. any suggestions to quiet it down b4 i get an emissions/Db test? thx

hooyeah
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   4:19 PM     

exhaust system u probably have a leak get a new exhaust muffler most likely perfect time to go with a performance system

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
AHS_ranger
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   5:18 PM     

ok ill try to find one, dont think ford racing will have any 4 banger headers, any suggestions on the oil leak or constant overheating? ive checked the coolant level and its just fine, but it still overheats, as for the oil thing i put in a pint a week and it burns almost all of it. thx for any suggestions

1969Stang
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   5:24 PM     

is your timing messed up...and for the oil..are you sure its oil...not calling you an idiot...it maybe its a head gasket...if not that...maybe you need new pistion ring...or last thing I could think about is maybe you need a valve job...and for the overheating...Maybe you need a new thermostat...or maybe you need a new fan...Or maybe its your radiator...Just a few things off the top of my head...I maybe wrong on a few things...but oh well it sounded good..lol

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   5:28 PM     

u don't need to find headers u need to find muffler and cat headers make it louder, and it sounds like u need a bad bad bad engine rebuild everything he said is another possibility but it definately needs a rebuild, everything he said about the overheating is wut i was thinking also

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
AHS_ranger
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   5:53 PM     

Im pretty sure its oil castrol 10w30. you dont want to see my headers..................cough rusted cough and theres gum stuck to them. i got the truck for free from my neighbors (long story) and my bro left the hood up overnight and the headers obviously werent stainless. i might as well get it rebuilt but thanks for the advice.

Imagine something very witty and informative here, as i cannot make a signature out of any of those things.

Edited by AHS_ranger (Wed May 8, 02   5:58 PM)

hooyeah
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:18 PM     

that truck has headers umm ok and the gum would just melt and drip off so i don't believe that much no offence or anything but do u smoke illegal substances if so were you 10 minutes before you wrote that?

AHS_ranger
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:23 PM     

a little peyote here and there j/k but if i had a scanner id scan the pic of the headers there a real mess.

Imagine something very witty and informative here, as i cannot make a signature out of any of those things.

Edited by AHS_ranger (Wed May 8, 02   6:25 PM)

hooyeah
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:40 PM     

do u mean headers or exhaust manifolds ?

AHS_ranger
Re: Sorry if this sounds stupid but   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:47 PM     

whichever takes the exhaust out of the cylinders and down thru the muffler. sorry im pretty damn excited bout my dads new car.