This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 47779

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
buddhakwake
Re: piston power!   Posted Sun May 21, 06   7:52 AM     

That's why I don't drive a Land Rover (and because they are too expensive for my poor ass).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: piston power!   Posted Sun May 21, 06   11:32 AM     

There are more that do than dont.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: piston power!   Posted Mon May 22, 06   1:47 PM     

Actually your wrong most cars do not use a “true hemi” design like what was used by dodge in the 60s. In fact the new hemi that dodge is selling doesn’t even use a true hemispherical combustion chamber. Now most car manufactures do use sort of a dome shape to the combustion chamber but it isn’t a true hemi.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: piston power!   Posted Mon May 22, 06   2:39 PM     

Tomato / tomato.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: piston power!   Posted Mon May 22, 06   4:31 PM     

I'm glad some one else said it, I was starting to feal kind of bad picking on that little kid. Hopefully soon he will realize how much of an idiot he is then he will shut up.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: piston power!   Posted Tue May 23, 06   10:20 AM     

It isnt a true hemi, but it is of a hemispherical design.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: piston power!   Posted Wed May 24, 06   9:53 AM     

I’m not arguing that it doesn’t, it does use some of the original hemi design ideas, but it still isn’t a true hemi. The only reason I brought it up was to help illustrate how flawed your statement was “Practically every motor since the 70's is a hemi, big deal.” So when the new hemi isn’t even a hemi just helps show how far off that statement really is.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: piston power!   Posted Thu May 25, 06   12:16 AM     

Are they hemispheres or not? Dont give me this "true hemi" crap, is it any form of a hemisphere or not? Im willing to bet it is.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: piston power!   Posted Thu May 25, 06   9:53 AM     

No it is not

The original hemi used an actual hemispherical combustion chamber, as in the dome was an actual ½ circle. It also used inline valves rather then valves that where right next to each other along with having a center sparkplug. I know that the inline valves are a little confusing so let me try to elaborate. In a reg motor the intake valve would be closer to the front of the motor and the exhaust would be closer to the back of the motor. Now if you rotate both the intake and exhaust valves 90 deg so the intake valve is now closer to the center or facing the intake maifold and the exhaust is now on the outside or facing the header that is how the hemi is designed.

So the new hemi does use the inline valve design like the original hemi, it now has 2 center located spark plugs rather then just 1 but it does not have a hemispherical combustion chamber like the original hemi.

Ultimately a true hemispherical combustion chamber really isn’t that big of a deal. There are a lot of problems with having a true hemispherical combustion chamber. The main problem is compression. A true hemispherical combustion chamber is a very large combustion chamber so to raise the compression ratio there would have to be a very large dome to the piston, which would decrease the efficiency of the motor. You would also be limited to just a 2 valve design, trying to make a 4 valve design in a hemi would be a complete nightmare, the valve angle would be so radical I question if it would even be feasible. Now that being said the hemi was a very good design for forced induction motors where a low compression was needed.

SweetNeon

Re: piston power!   Posted Thu May 25, 06   12:54 PM     

HA you got owned even by a ford owner ya idiot

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: piston power!   Posted Thu May 25, 06   10:21 PM     

Are you calling Ford owners stupid? Just because it isnt a full 1/2 circle doesnt mean that it isnt a hemisphere.

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: piston power!   Posted Fri May 26, 06   6:57 AM     

Yes it does. That is exactly what a hemisphere means. Saying otherwise is like saying that a rectangle is the same as a square, or an oval is the same as a circle. All close and resemble the other but not the same.

SweetNeon

Re: piston power!   Posted Fri May 26, 06   9:19 PM     

Your an idiot

seahawksridinlow
Re: piston power!   Posted Fri May 26, 06   9:24 PM     

Who cant afford a land rover! they get cheaper by the year. there is like 4 of them at my high school, and two range rovers.

I swear i didnt shoot his tires!
(I just put tacs in his lane)
SweetNeon

Re: piston power!   Posted Fri May 26, 06   9:27 PM     

rovers are shit boxes

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3