This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 5960

CamaroZ28

Sad News for Ford...   Posted Tue Mar 7, 06   2:57 PM     

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Columns/articleId=109512

And I thought people were saying GM would go out first...Read to see what I mean.

Living life in the fast lane.....
Silo55
Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Tue Mar 7, 06   5:23 PM     

So we have a current status as GM is having problems with selling any car and and Ford lost there high-performance vehicle department. While Dodge is well, still Dodge.

rollinonhubs

Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Tue Mar 7, 06   6:36 PM     

u mean special vehicles team? SVT??!!!

Silo55
Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Wed Mar 8, 06   1:44 PM     

Yea im talking about SVT, thats basicaly what SVT is, a department of Ford that takers there regular cars and get more performance ou of them. 385hp for the lightning and 450hp for the new Shelby Cobra are high-performance numbers, so i just said high-performance vehicle department.

CamaroZ28

Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Wed Mar 8, 06   4:00 PM     

Still its pretty weak to do that I think...damn Dodge..Their cars arent even that reliable...so what ever, and Im dissapointed in GM but I think they are going to have a come back in the new Hybrid vehicles such as the Chevy Tahoe for example that has Hybrid technology.

buddhakwake
Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Sat Mar 11, 06   9:24 AM     

But GM still has to do something about the chunk of their budget spent on pensions for executives (7 billion dollars) and on car companies that they don't buy (2 billion dollars to Fiat for nothing at all) if they are going to stay in business.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
SweetNeon

Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Sat Mar 11, 06   9:43 AM     

Some of those rare SVT models will hold some good values if they stoped makeing them. I was thinking about buying a Lightning, I was always curious how fast that truck could pull a boat.

CamaroZ28

Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Sun Mar 12, 06   12:54 PM     

I truly agree...GM better do something quick...Dont they still make vehicles for the Military??? Like tanks and all that...Im sure that would help them to keep going...

buddhakwake
Re: Sad News for Ford...   Posted Sun Mar 12, 06   9:29 PM     

I doubt they will go completely under, the government will bail them out with our money. After all, the current White House Chief of Staff was the lobbyist for the Big 3 for many years (that's Andrew Card, in case you were wondering).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.