This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 7553

ToxicCarbon
tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sun Feb 12, 06   5:51 PM     

does any one know where i can get a tachometer for my 1 cyl go kart engine??? please i really need help its a 5hp briggs and stratton engine. i have a battery i can use for a power supply i just need some help finding a tach, if there is one! thanks

CamaroZ28

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Thu Feb 16, 06   7:25 PM     

Get one off a 4 stroke dirt bike, they have them on there, im sure u can wire it up on your gocart.

Living life in the fast lane.....
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Thu Feb 16, 06   10:46 PM     

Any tach will work as long as you have a power source. My Go-Ped's tach runs off of a little coil pack similiar to a little alternator.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
ToxicCarbon
Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sat Feb 18, 06   9:42 AM     

hey where does the wiring for ur go ped come out of, like how is it hooked up?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sun Feb 19, 06   5:21 PM     

There is a kill switch that kill the spark that connects right next to my pull start. You can either put a coil pack on the opposite of the spindle, or wire your tach into your spark plug wire.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
CamaroZ28

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Mon Feb 20, 06   8:08 PM     

why do u want a tach anyways, unless you have a shifter cart, it wouldnt make sense to put a tac on a gocart that only hits around 20-30 mph

Living life in the fast lane.....
MelanieDaGal
Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Wed Feb 22, 06   2:08 PM     

yeah I agree

[External Image Removed]

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Wed Feb 22, 06   4:32 PM     

What does mph have to do with anything? Maybe he wants it just to see where to shift. I diddn't have gears on my goped, but I had a tach to see where to let off to make sure it wouldnt blow. Im glad I did, damn thing went to 18k.

SweetNeon

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sat Apr 1, 06   8:12 PM     

trade the piece of shit for a bike

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sun Apr 2, 06   8:14 PM     

If he wanted a bike, he would have bought one instead of a kart.

[External Image Removed]
SweetNeon

Re: tach for one cyllinder?   Posted Sun Apr 2, 06   8:33 PM     

Sorry I wasnt 100% positive on your boyfriends circumstances