This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 20991

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
FordFactor

Why one tire first?   Posted Mon May 6, 02   9:42 PM     

I'm pretty sure that everyone who seen a rear wheel drive Hot Rod, with some mean slicks out back, has seen the mean whilly's that they do at the take off. Fucken Cool if you ask me.

My question, on those reallly high whilly's, why is it that one tire seems to go up before the other one? I thought the power being produced and transfered through the big rubber whould be evenly distributed torquewise, and lift both wheels at the same time. I'm confused. Please clarify. Thanks.

Fordfactor

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
novaboy

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:56 PM     

because of the rotation of the crank....the engine accually moves to the passanger side...on a lot of cars there is a limiting strap to prevent the breakage of a motor mount....its the tourque it twists the car.

novaboy
FordFactor

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Tue May 7, 02   1:46 PM     

Thanks Novaboy, its been one of those questions that i just dont know why it happens, and i could never answer.

Imagine when they land from those high whilly's. wow major hurting huh?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..
Cutlass

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Tue May 7, 02   5:07 PM     

i've broken ball joints before from that

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.
Phatmatt

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Tue May 7, 02   7:55 PM     

I love seeing cars pop one. You're like "HELL YES!" ...it'd be really cool to see like a pinto do it. I saw a suped up grimlin once. It had to be filled with people because it was so light it couldn't stay on the road without added weight in a race.

Cutlass

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Tue May 7, 02   9:08 PM     

i seen a pinto at Fontana Dragway with a SVO 4 cylinder/ NOS and a turbo..it was sweet

1969Stang
Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:43 AM     

has anyone seen the pinto wagon...with the Boss 302 stuffed in the front...with a blower....omg...I love that car...Any one hear of the monster miata?...has a 302 or a 429 engine in the front....awwwwwwww...yes.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Fat_Tony

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   2:14 PM     

i was wonderin how funny it would be to put anysize V8 in a crx and race it with open headers that would be so funny maybe put 2 engines in one lol

I'll let my car do the talkin
1969Stang
Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   3:01 PM     

not sure two engines would fit....lol...j/k...that thing would fly...what was that dodge with the two engine in it....the hemi underglass right...it ran the 1/4 mile in like 9sec. on two wheels...very cool...if it could do that to a heavy american car...just think a CRX that weights like 2 pounds..lol...omg...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   3:05 PM     

my teacher when he gets the money plans to make a rear engine 426 hemi caravan and make the front a trunk the funniest part it is VERY possible that should pull the wheels up easily

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
Phatmatt

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:23 PM     

I'll have to see that. That would be some SERIOUS modifactioins done.

hooyeah
Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:36 PM     

he plans it when he retires and has alot of money take out the bacj seats place the motor in the middle somewhere and a driveshaft to the rear wheels i dunno how he lans to do it he has done many conversions and engine swaps and says it is possible whether it happens or not is yet to be seen

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
novaboy

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:28 PM     

the hemi under glass only has one engine. a supercharged 426. the engine is in the rear under the rear window..."under glass". there is nothing in the front of the car at all. its kinda cool. i saw it at the mopar spring fling like a month ago.

novaboy
Fat_Tony

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Thu May 9, 02   9:34 AM     

i saw a car on a vid dating way back to the 70's that had 2 engines i think it was an elcamino maybe or maybe something like that either way it was too cool

I'll let my car do the talkin
Cutlass

Re: Why one tire first?   Posted Thu May 9, 02   12:31 PM     

i've seen a CRX with a 454 chevy in the rear and th stock 4 cyl. in the front, he said he drives to the track on the 4 and switches over to the 454 at the track, i don't know all the details about it but its pretty fast.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2