This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 9043

ShotgunStang429

95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Tue Dec 13, 05   6:58 AM     

my buddy has a 95 mustang with a 3.8 and a manual trans. can anyone tell me some fairly basic engine upgrades and if you have ever heard of a twin turbo 3.8. Also what transmission comes on a 3.8, maybe the Tremec T-45 or T-5?

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
FastFiveO
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Tue Dec 13, 05   3:33 PM     

id say grab a t-bird supercoupe snatch the motor install a boost controler and a bov and a small shot of nitrous and have fun.

86 mustang GT- lil boost lil spray lil mods
86 bronco 4x4 - 33's, mags, magniflow true duels, CAI ford racing 19 lb injectors's and much more
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Tue Dec 13, 05   5:55 PM     

If this is a turbo motor, doesnt it already come with a BPV?

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Tue Dec 13, 05   6:49 PM     

But isn't aftermarket always better?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Tue Dec 13, 05   9:04 PM     

No. The MR2 uses a diaphragm based BPV, which holds tighter on higher boost and releases pressure immidiately. Aftermarket BOV's are spring based, so you will have to fine tune it, and it will either hold high amounts of boost, but not release at lower psi levels, or release the boost, but not hold it in. Lots of people also dont recirculate the boost, so they end up running rich because of it. Most stock BPV's are diaphragm based.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Wed Dec 14, 05   3:26 PM     

im shure it does come with one. but they are set to a certin psi so i would take a bov over factroy. i don't know if these have internal waste gates

86 bronco 4x4 - 33's, mags, magniflow true duels, CAI ford racing 19 lb injectors's and much more
DBLDREW
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Thu Dec 15, 05   9:05 AM     

Just to clarify. I think FastFiveO is suggesting pulling the motor from a thunderbird Turbocoupe not the Supercoupe. If I understand what he is suggesting, he is suggesting going the turbo route rather then the supercharger route hence wanting the turbocoupe rather then the supercoupe.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
FastFiveO
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Thu Dec 15, 05   3:33 PM     

yeah...

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Thu Dec 15, 05   3:41 PM     

Well is the stock one spring based or diaphragm based? If its diaphragm based, then the best thing you can do performance wise is leave it stock. A BOV isnt going to give you any power.

buddhakwake
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Sat Dec 17, 05   8:37 AM     

But it'll sound SO cool...right? Isn't that what the whole purpose of a BOV, or are the ricers wrong?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Wed Dec 21, 05   1:02 PM     

Ricers are wrong.

buddhakwake
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Fri Dec 23, 05   9:04 PM     

Damn. I had a very bizarre thought the other day for marketing BOVs to hunters that drive turbo diesels, you could hook up different animal calls to the BOV (or just engineer the sound of it to match) so that while they drive to their hunting spot they are already calling the animals. Then I decided I gotta stop drinking before 8 am.

Silo55
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Fri Dec 23, 05   9:55 PM     

Funny you mentioned this, i saw a video earlier tonight where some guys took there Eclispe Turbo and put a turkey call to there BOV. It worked, pretty well, funny as hell to.

buddhakwake
Re: 95 3.8 Mustang   Posted Sat Dec 24, 05   12:01 AM     

And it could be used for ducks, moose, or whatever animals you could make calls for. Or maybe find a way to hook it up to the exhaust of those specialized hunting atvs.