This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 79505

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
FastFiveO
Beast   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   4:22 PM     

i got a new truck yester day, it's a 86 Ford Bronco 4x4. sittin on 32's 2 in. body lift magnaflow exhaust and more. gotta love bigtrucks

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   5:06 PM     

Lift kits are almost as bad as big wings. They kill the center of gravity and turning radius (it becomes pretty easy to tip when turning at speed), and the actually make the truck less safe off road.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   12:35 PM     

awsome!, don't they have 5.0's in them too

did u ever see the four door version bronco, I think its called a centurion ,sort of like an excursion, but older

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   3:23 PM     

Lifted trucks are the gayest thing since penises.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   7:05 PM     

then i siguest you cut your dick off. it isn't lifted that much and if you drove the roads in S.C. and working construction youd want a big truck. and jesus christ. if you dont lift it you shure as hell dont lower a fucking 4x4 and yes it has a 302 (5.0) no it doesnt handel like shit because it has fucking wide wheels on it. dont ever compare a offroader to a ricer. model a's wouldn;t have has any sort of syspension. jacking your car up means less chance to fuck your shit up.

( this is a message to all yall)

buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   12:07 AM     

Real offroaders don't put lift kits on their cars. Do you think Mickey Thompson would have put a lift kit on a car he was going to go offroading in? No, he knew better. The people who put lift kits on their vehicles are usually the ones who would never take it offroad in the fist place (like the stupid yuppie woman I saw in front of the bank today driving an f350 with a tricked out paint job and a lift kit that put the top of her truck bed even with the roof of the ranger she couldn't park properly next to).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   2:34 AM     

I never compared it to a "ricer", but I must say that lots of people with lifted trucks like the "euro" tail lights. I also never said to lower it, because that is equally as gay as liftting it. Having a big truck and lifting your truck are two different things. Dont try to justify your redneck culture with a purpose, because nobody buys it. Trucks are at a proper height when you buy them for whatever you could need them for, and the only people who need huge trucks like F350's are people towing horse trailers and such, not somebody carrying bags of concrete. There is no reason to lift your truck.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   12:39 PM     

There is nothing wrong with putting a lift kit on a 4x4. 1 if you hit a deer or anything living thing that comes across your path u won't crack your bumber or knock out some lightsand pay alot of money to get it repaired, or have the damm thing land on your windshieldand bust through it . 2 I live in maryland and it snows pretty bad up here, a lifted 4x4 would be great for up here. I do agree that SOME of the people that jack up their 4x4's don't go off road in them, but many of them do,like hunters or fishermen for example, u know that one of the reasons why they make lift kits so people can go off road not just for show.

FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   1:50 PM     

justify myself as a redneck ? i live in charleston. i go in rough terain just because our roads suck. i have streetish tires on it. my truck is even more so top heavy at stock height. have more ground clearence i can see whos beside me or whats between her legs if shes in a skirt if anyone runs into me or pulls out infront of me they will be enialated. gives me a reason to have nerf bars on my truck. i done have a small car why not a big truck. i can easily go anywhere basicly i want. ill damage animals before they can damage me. it looks good. i live in S.C. i like big trucks and fast cars. its not stock... enough reasons dumbass?

rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   3:33 PM     

oh, yeah i forgot to mention the nice views that come with having a lifted 4x4, yet another good reason to have a lifted truck

buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   4:09 PM     

Shoot, if you want that become a trucker. There are whole internet websites and chat groups and whatnot dedicated to women who love to flash truckers.

rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   6:26 PM     

don't mean to be an smart ass but whats the site ,lol,okay seriously just joking, anyway I wouldn't want to be a trucker, rather be a car mechanic or autobody technician.more money, plus would not have time to race if i drove all the time. I was just giving examples why lifted 4x4 are nice, besides the argument was about jacked up 4x4s not big rigs

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   9:06 PM     

Sometimes you're so fucking stupid that I'm afraid of what stupid shit you could possibly say next. Its cocky cracker rednecks who find ways to gay the shit out of everything. Cant have a 2.0 ITS GOTTA BE A 5.0 OR IT WONT MOVE. Cant have a normal truck ITS GOTTA HAVE A 5 FOOT LIFT OR WERE GONNA DIE IF WE HIT A SQUIRREL. Cant have steak WE HAVE TO BREAD IT AND FRY IT IN PIG FAT. Cant have a diverse society WE HAVE TO KILL ALL THE MINORITIES AND PAGANS . Now on to why your stupid- none of those reasons hold any technical merit. Your ability to roll is at least double with a lift, not to mention your wasting a shitmess more gas, and if you ever need to swerve or hit the brakes to avoid an accident, your going to lose control and flip, or not be able to stop because of all the weight being thrown farther forward. It isnt safer by any means. The only way you would be safer is if you had more material to shield you, which you dont. You share the same reasons for having a lift as a ricer does for having altezzas, super low suspension, "Drag" wings, and polyurethane bumpers - It looks good.

DBLDREW
Re: Beast   Posted Fri Nov 18, 05   7:37 AM     

Putting a lifted truck in the same category as ricers is retarded. Lifting a truck is a performance modification plain and simple. Having a higher ground clearance is a good thing for off-roading, a very good thing for off-roading.

Here is a tip, when you spout off about gas mileage on a STREET RACING forum you sound like a pussy, Go find a hybrid forum for that crap.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Fri Nov 18, 05   2:10 PM     

Okay, get this, rarely does having a lift kit acutally give you more groudn clearance. It is putting on bigger tires that does that, since the lift kit only lifts from the unsprung area of the car. Bigger tires can be fitted just by getting the fenders worked on (a la a baja truck), which is where the extra ground clearance comes from. When you lift two inches you raise the center of gravity 2 inches. Then you put on bigger tires and the center of gravity goes up more. If you only get the fenders opened up and put on bigger tires you only raise the center of gravity up by the difference of the tires, and you save those two inches. And lifting a truck is as much a performance thing in the vast majority of cases as putting wings and ground effects kits on, it's acutally just going to make things worse (by fucking with the center of gravity).

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6