This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 79505

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6  
buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Fri Nov 18, 05   2:11 PM     

Don't be putting down chicken fried steak, that's some good stuff right there. That's about the only thing I disagree with you on here.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Fri Nov 18, 05   6:31 PM     

How is it retarted? People lift trucks purely for look, the same reason ricers put on body kits and aluminum wings, and it was disproven to make "performance" any better. There is no way you can tell me that all of the trucks I see in southern california have to be lifted for going over those harsh dips in the road, and a very large majority of lifted trucks never see dirt. I might sound like a pussy, but Im not the one crying when they have to spend $100 at the pump. Ricers and redneck truck lifters are one in the same.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Beast   Posted Sat Nov 19, 05   10:10 AM     

Been thinking about this, there is one advantage to lifting a truck...better approach angle. The lifted body (which, again, is the only thing lifted by the kit directly) puts the bumper higher, thus giving you the chance to directly attack steeper angles, and leave steep angles. But the problem still remains of raised center of gravity and decreased stability. But still, real offroaders (with years of experience) know better than to rely on lift kits.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Sat Nov 19, 05   3:46 PM     

I watched a guy today in a lifted ranger take a turn at like 3 mph, and he still almost rolled over and his tires squeeled like mad.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Sun Nov 20, 05   4:39 PM     

see thats your problem you talk to much and know to little.. my truck has big tires. yes. as well as huge sway bars and duell front shocks and for your information i put 20 buck in gas into my car and have been driving it for a while and im still on that tank of gas and have over half a tank. like i said. if you go down the roads i do where the craters in the roads are larger then a standard sized f-150 you would want a big truck i give the truck hell and still have not fliped. yes it is running on 32's/33's and yes it will break them loose when i get on it. i can take a turn at speeds people normaly do in cars and i don't have bad body roal. lets put it this way. a blazer would flip before my bronco would ever... yes you can fit tires on there if you have five or so hours to work out the fenders with out it looking totaly fucking gay. so yeah. i do like with the 2 in. lift. if you have a problem with it or your still acting so stupid in the head about it then shut the hell up because you can't judge a book by its cover

P.S. : standard sized trucks with the same sized tire will get hung up before i do and ride quality is great.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Sun Nov 20, 05   6:40 PM     

huh oh! , u better watch it he might call u bronco boy, oh no!!
yes he really has a serious problem of talking too much and knowing too little.
And for the record I know what kind of craters u are talking about, the kind a civic could get lost in. I used to live i NC two years ago and i saw a guys little ity bity spoiler actually fall off the back of the car from hitting one of those pot holes, i think its worse than sc.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Sun Nov 20, 05   8:49 PM     

1.You have 29 posts, you're a tool, and you havent been on these boards long enough to know if anybody "knows too little"

2. When the kid who spells roll: r-o-a-l tells you that you dont know anything, its obvious that maybe hes just spurting out bullshit so he looks good. Putting $20 of 75 octane gas this morning and driving it to the 4-H club doesnt mean shit to me, its a gas eating piece of shit and nothing is going to change that. I know more than anybody on these boards about imports, and know better than you and Cletus on cars in general. The only people who know too little and talk too much around here are the people who talk shit on cars because they're small, or because they're better built and more efficient than their counterparts. Ignorance is bliss, but you guys are part of the "My daddy fucked my sister and now I call her mom" category. Same goes for the guy who diddnt know to build his motor before turbo-charging it. Loser.

rollinonhubs

Re: Beast   Posted Mon Nov 21, 05   3:50 AM     

yeah so what I have 29 post,I just started out i'll probably have 29 more posts and then some

the insult u gave me gave u away pal ,sorry. not my fault u say stupid things.

and I hope u were reffering to fast five O on the spelling of roll.

DBLDREW
Re: Beast   Posted Mon Nov 21, 05   9:21 AM     

Well I never have seen a truck that has been lifted not have bigger tires. It is a means to add larger tires and that is defiantly a must for off-roading. Yes you could also do the same thing by working the finders and yes it would be the better option. But so what, lifting is probably a cheaper and easier option and the end result is bigger tires.

So why is one way put you in the same category as a ricer? On that same line of thought if I wanted to add bigger slicks to my car to help my launch I could flair the fenders or tub and narrow the rear end. So which one of those options would make me a ricer? I guess flaring the fenders would be a body modification so that would probably put me into the ricer category, right?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Mon Nov 21, 05   4:31 PM     

see. your not always going to get a vote for being on here longer. and if i knew jack shit why am i building a twin turbo nitrous injected mustang? and worrying about gas? dude. dont be a tree hugger.. if i want to pay for what gas i use then so be it. that doesn't make it your biz. i don't feel bad for having a big ass truck that sucks gas or my lil mustang that sucks gas way worse

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Mon Nov 21, 05   5:26 PM     

Negative. Putting larger diameter wheels or slicks serves a purpose mainly in drag racing, but circuit racing as well. Ricers to things because it looks cool and it looks "fast", same conceptas in lifting a truck. If it had a sportier suspension that gave a minimal lift but much better shocks and handling characteristics, then I could see a reason why. Call me crazy, but having a nice view of the bitch next to you doesnt cut it in my book.

DBLDREW
Re: Beast   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   7:20 AM     

So let me get this straight, I can flair my fenders so I can stuff bigger meats in the back, and your don't find any problems with that even though the flaring the fenders just by themselves doesn't technically have any performance gain (except the ability to add bigger tires) But again you think that's fine, Now if you raise the body of the truck to stick bigger tires all around you have a problem with that.

So I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. In both examples we have a body modification that allow bigger tires to be added that will help the performance in both cases one with drag racing the other will have a taller tire and higher ground clearance for off-roading.

You then go on to make a comment that if the truck would have suspension work it would be better in your mind. But why not put the same standards towards my car? Why is it ok for me to just flair my fenders and add bigger tires but it's not necessary for me to do suspension work? The car would hook a lot better with drag shocks, traction bars etc. So why isn't it necessary for me to do suspension work to my car but it is to a truck to be considered non-rice in your mind.

So why do you have no problem with one and have such a problem with the other? Both examples are basically doing the same thing to help performance in their type of motor-sports. So why the double standard, is it that you just hate trucks or is it your hatred for fast five o?

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   5:09 PM     

dont mind him he gets like this. its something i call jelousy because i got something nice and he stuck getting anal raped in the county jail.. he obviously knows no difference between a ricer a stock trucks and a modified truck. he prolly lives in the part of a town where every one has a "clean" looking car to there standards and thats the stareo typical look and if some one does something worth while to suit themselfs all the lil fruit cakes run around and scream

FastFiveO
Re: Beast   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   5:12 PM     

once i get time to take pictures and show every one a couple and you still act like a fucking dumbass i will for ever more know you are a retard. .... and a nother question. why would you put a sporty syspension on a big ass truck to start with that is a 4x4 and you cant really get any more minimal then a 2 in. also why tha fuck would you want a 6,000 lb truck to handel?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Beast   Posted Tue Nov 22, 05   6:59 PM     

I never said handle, I said a sportier suspension. Stiffer springs and shocks to allow lifting to a minimum, like real performance trucks use. The only reason I dont have a problem with flairing the fenders is because it does allow for putting wider wheels without having to lift the truck and kill the center of gravity. I happen to live in a mostly redneck town that I think is the horse capital of the world, so everyone has a turbo diesel truck, even soccer moms. I saw 5 excursions today, and all of them were women with nobody else in the car, and they were lifted. Evidence I have seen with my own eyes have proven that people lift trucks for the sake of doing so, not for any performance reason, especially ones that you guys have seemed to make up on these forums.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6