This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 161234

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  
falleneyes
Street Racers   Posted Fri May 3, 02   11:39 PM     

I am from Louisian and the race sceen really sucks down here. Everyone is driving around in a litte "riceburner" car (import) and all they do to it is put intake and an exhaust tip on it. I am currently driving a 97 Camaro.. 100% AMERICAN!!!!!! Plus the cops over here are starting to "crack down" on us.. they have ran us out of all the descent backroads that are rarely traveled. It is really starting to suck.

j0k3r

Re: Street Racers   Posted Sat May 4, 02   9:00 AM     

Time to upgrade to an LS1

---------- [External Image Removed]
PyroSage
Re: Street Racers   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:12 PM     

hey..i have a "rice burner".....and im willing to admit it..it says...."Got Rice?" on my back fender...i got the idea from create-a-car...and i like it...i like having a riceburner... i like it to be called a ricer anyway...but hey.. camaros and preludes are my fave cars. I had a camaro and i loved the feeling of it.. when i sped up the sound of the V8..it was nice. But i really enjoy my prelude.. it feels so... nice.. my car doesnt go fast but b/c of the exhaust i have no one f*cks with me. Its just a show car. You've got to know what its like to be on both sides.. with the domestic and the import. I really like both type. But the import is my fave. Dont dog on us. Its all in perspective.

Fay-Town Import Kidz
Phatmatt

Re: Street Racers   Posted Tue May 7, 02   8:05 PM     

no offense but this IS a racer site. Most dudes around here have cars that aren't quite "new" and the money goes into the guts and not the exterior.

I have absolutely nothing against show cars (some are quite awesome), however this is a racing site. People want to hear about how you smoked a Viper and not what color neon you put on you wiper-blades. I've got nothing against tricking out a car. But we all see WAY to many stock probes and civics with a huge spolier and loud muffler. Just something to make the everyday people THINK the cars fast. ...

BUT they make me look oh-so much cooler when I beat em.

300zx

Re: Street Racers   Posted Wed May 8, 02   8:59 PM     

well said phatmatt...

but the biggest "rape" story i would have to say is, in my winter car,(97 Buick Regal GS 3.8 Supercharged, which is my old car.) pulled to the line with, what appeared to be heavily modded '99 honda prelude. Anyways he was rev'ing his engine, sounded pretty nice. so i rev'd back and he gave me a dirty look! that set the tone so, at green i booted it. My buick having 240 horses and 280lbs torque, i pulled away and i could tell that he was trying, but there must have been at least 3 car lenghts between us.

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
300zx

Re: Street Racers   Posted Wed May 8, 02   9:03 PM     

but saying that, im meaning that not all import cars are "riced out", its just the fact that most of them cant keep up... my dad's, friend toyota solara is pretty nice, its got quite a bit of power but what ever..

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
novaboy

Re: Street Racers   Posted Wed May 8, 02   11:46 PM     

um...must not have been that modded seeing as how it is lighter than the buik and it has 200hp stock.

novaboy
j0k3r

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   9:02 AM     

Preludes are dogs. I had a guy in an Integra do a ricer fly-by on me yesterday so I caught him and smoked him. That wasn't even the funniest though. Some guy in an old stock Mazda B2200 tried to race me, I wasn't even trying and I still walked away and then he pulled a fly-by when I hit the on-ramp to the freeway.

---------- [External Image Removed]
300zx

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   5:34 PM     

u know what nova dont bash buicks they arent that slow. And yes the prelude was modded cuz i talked with the guy afterward. and im not saying preludes suck either...
o and btw regal gs' arent all that heavy only they weigh about 3500 lbs as opposed to the prelude's 3050 lbs
and i think 99 preludes type sh only have 195 horses and 156lbs torque stock...

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
novaboy

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   5:54 PM     

nope its 200 and the prelude runs low 15's doesnt it? if a car weighs 3500lbs...damn thats one heavy mofo!!!!lol!!!

novaboy
300zx

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   6:12 PM     

whats the 00 prelude's 0-60?

TwIn TuRbO pOwEr!!!
Phatmatt

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:17 PM     

Dude Buicks aren't that bad....well some are. I'd like to see a Regal haul ass. They are fairly heavey cars, but with the right moddifications you can haul a mild ammount of ass when you need. Big engines come with Big cars.

hooyeah
Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   7:27 PM     

and those buick riviera ssei or wutever they are with the supercharged 3.8 those thngs move

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Edited by hooyeah (Thu May 9, 02   10:05 PM)

PyroSage
Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   8:39 PM     

my cars looks and sounds fast. but...its not. lol. im willing to admit i only get 12. mines slow. i dont care. i prefer it to be a show car. but yeah..someone stole my doors last night and busted my windshield. i got some shit to fix.

Fay-Town Import Kidz
LethalToy

Re: Street Racers   Posted Thu May 9, 02   9:14 PM     

You aren't making any sense. You only get 12 what? 12 mpg. Who the fuck would want to steal doors. They take way too long to remove and how could they steal them without you hearing them?

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11