This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 33500

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
buddhakwake
Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Sun Aug 7, 05   2:48 PM     

You don't need a wing (especially not one that big). It's a FWD car, and you're not going to be pulling the kind of g's with it through the curves that the back end will kick out. If you notice, the pictures of cars on their website under the applications section for the gtc 200 universal are all RWD, that's because those cars need the added downforce for the rear end of their cars. You just need a small spoiler at most, not a big ass wing, for your FWD Neon.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Sun Aug 7, 05   4:22 PM     

If your lights are going, then buy some OEM ones. You dont need a wing for road racing (your car is FWD). I understand the extinguisher. You dont need an aftermarket steering wheel, and you certainly dont need gauges. Your best bet now is a small turbo application.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
RicerBoy
Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Sun Aug 7, 05   4:56 PM     

Which turbo kit should I go with? I am not firmilar with turbos...only superchargers.

buddhakwake
Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Sun Aug 7, 05   5:35 PM     

Go to this site http://www.allpar.com/neon/performance.html, they have some decent info on an all-around build-up of the Neon engine, and have a few turbo kits listed. There is also info about swapping in a 2.4L instead of the 2.0L it comes with. By the way, I found the site by going to google and searching (without quotation marks) for dodge neon turbocharger. There are other results, but I'll leave it to you to check them out. Do the research that you can, and then come back and see if anybody has any better ideas.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Sun Aug 7, 05   9:35 PM     

I thin GReddy gives you one with an 18G. Im trying to piece my own turbo kit together (pops has some old audi chargers) but im having a problem with getting all the necessary materials.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
RicerBoy
Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Mon Aug 8, 05   11:16 AM     

Thanks for the web site. I learned alos about what I should do and put on my neon. I am going with the Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 Turbo for $2,995.99. I am not going to swap my motor because that will cost me a lot of $$$.

buddhakwake
Re: 1995 Dodge Neon Project   Posted Mon Aug 8, 05   1:57 PM     

From reading that page, it doesn't sound like an engine swap would be necessary anyway. Good luck with it man, and I'm happy to help.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)