This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 32325

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Tue Aug 23, 05   8:31 PM     

There's still property to damage. I race on deserted roads, no buildings, no people, no street lights, nothing but blacktop and bushes on the sides of the road. That way, the only things at risk are deliberately put at risk by myself (and that would be my property) and my opponent (his property). That's the idea, nothing except that belonging to the racers is put at risk (unless you're gonna get nit picky and say that the little desert animals are put at risk too, but hey, that's the circle of life, they become food for foraging carnivores).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Cristian
Re: real racers   Posted Sun Oct 16, 05   2:20 PM     

U want to race

FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Tue Oct 18, 05   4:43 PM     

*Yawns* dont talk about racing anything without a car to race.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   4:04 PM     

It was rather a pointless post he made wasn't it. I wonder if he'll ever come back.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   6:30 PM     

indeed it was.. O btw. i may have nitrous by the end of this weekend. and guess what.. IT ISN'T GOING ON A FACTORY CAR... YYAAAYYY hahaha

buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   6:54 PM     

What is it going on?

FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Thu Oct 20, 05   1:47 PM     

stupid question on your behaf..lol my stanger.

buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   2:09 AM     

Well, I didn't know if it was that or the explorer you were talking about. Have you got the engine put together for the stang yet? I know how hard it is to find time to do things when you have a new job (taking my tC in for only its second ever oil change tomorrow, I know it's silly but I'm excited because she's my baby right now since I'm hopelessly single).

FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   1:21 PM     

still got to get piston rings a few gaskets bearings and a port and polish job. rebuild my heads and get my turbo's and get the hoses ran and a intercooler. the kit was cheaper then if i would buy it else where. so i went ahead and got it..i was gona throw the nitrous on anyhow to help reduce lag. otherwise. im ready to pick on the camaro's vette's and ws6's

FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   1:22 PM     

still got to get piston rings a few gaskets bearings and a port and polish job. rebuild my heads and get my turbo's and get the hoses ran and a intercooler. the kit was cheaper then if i would buy it else where. so i went ahead and got it..i was gona throw the nitrous on anyhow to help reduce lag. otherwise. im ready to pick on the camaro's vette's and ws6's

buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   1:37 PM     

Sounds good. I went to the dealership today for my oil change and decided to find out about the factory SC for my tC. Installed, just over 4000. It'll give me 40 more hp, which ain't much for the price, but if I get it installed at the dealer it will be covered under my 5/60,000 powertrain warranty. Who knows, by the time I manage to save up that much money my warranty might be expired. But if I do go for it, I'll have to set about designing a way to run a turbo along with the SC (a la the HKS twin charger kit for the MR2 MKI).

FastFiveO
Re: real racers   Posted Mon Oct 24, 05   11:49 AM     

bah damn double post.. if i were you id wait. factory upgrades ant crap

buddhakwake
Re: real racers   Posted Mon Oct 24, 05   5:22 PM     

Except that it would be covered under my warranty, which is nice since I've got almost 4 years left on it (and unless something big changes I won't go over the mileage in less than five years). Plus there's no telling if it might be upgradeable from the factory settings (different ecu settings maybe?).

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)