This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 46701

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
Everclear
First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Mar 31, 05   9:10 PM     

Hi. I'm thinking about goin witha 93 Chevy Comaro. I dont' know much about cars really. I wanna start learning. I got 4300$ to spend. I want a small fast car speedy type i can put a system in and some light underneath and get some rims. You know what im sayin? and a car that fuckin revs it up when I start up. deff a 8 cyld 5 spd car. help me out? thx

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 2, 05   12:50 PM     

Cant call it rice, so I guess Domestic Rice is BBQ sauce?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 2, 05   1:44 PM     

that means what? lol

Ride Fast
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 2, 05   2:52 PM     

meaning all the flashy sh@t that does nothing but make you look like a fool, like underbody lights.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 2, 05   4:45 PM     

why do u look like a fool havin lights under ur car? at night.- i just wanna know a good 8 cyld manual car is for around 4400$ that i can work on

Ride Fast
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 2, 05   6:03 PM     

well i guess a 8 cyld is to much $ to manage. so imam go with a 4 cyld or 6 cyld. ne ideas on a car? i been lookin at the nissan 240sx and the civics maybe a celica? ne ideas -

Ride Fast
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 3, 05   8:25 AM     

Even though I'm a Toyota person, I'd recommend the nissan or a civic before a celica (unless it's the 80's celica with the 4age engine, those engines kick some serious butt just check out the info on toysport.com if you're interested). now betwen those two, you have to very different cars. if you want fwd and cheap mods go with the civic, but if you like rwd and (possibly) drifting then go with the 240sx. in either case, you'll most likely want to do an engine swap for optimal performance.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 3, 05   10:56 AM     

This is slowly belonging in the Import Forum.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 3, 05   12:44 PM     

Ya I think i'm goin with a 96-00 Civic. I can get a decent 1 for under 4000$. Thnk that's a good idea? money wise as agian i got about 4300$, but I make 400$ a week so I can mod it slowly and upgrade everything.

Ride Fast
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 3, 05   10:28 PM     

well, if you want the civic, then it's a good idea. As far as price on them goes, I have no clue what is a good price for a used civic as I have never shopped for one, but I'd recommend saving up for a bit to do an engine swap before you start doing the little tweaks that 400 a week will let you do, unless you get a model that's already got a great engine.

FastFiveO
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Mon Apr 4, 05   2:50 PM     

get a 94 mustang GT it will overdo a camaro any day buddy

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
quik67firebird
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Apr 7, 05   7:47 AM     

Everclear, ignore the “Mustang will overdo a Camaro statement”. The Chevy Camaro has always been faster then the Mustang from the factory. Period. If you start adding equal modifications to both the Camaro and the Mustang, the Camaro will usually be faster then the Mustang. That is if the cars are of the same year. The way that Ford finally equaled the Camaro in ¼ mile performance was to stick a blower on the Mustang to make it fast. They couldn't get them to perform well enough to compete with the Camaro naturally aspirated. If you want to build a factory blown car, then a Mustang Cobra is a good way to go, but if you can’t afford a supercharged car (Cobra’s can be kind of expensive) then I suggest you stick with getting a Camaro.

I know you’re going to disagree with me FastFiveO, but it’s true. Almost every year from 1985 on the Camaro would beat the Mustang (with the exception of the high priced Cobra R’s) in the quarter mile. Ford finally decided to win the Camaro vs. Mustang battle with a Cobra they called the Terminator. In 2003 Ford SVT cranked up the boost on a badass Cobra that could run some really good numbers, but it was too late. GM had pulled the F-body out of production so the Mustang didn’t have its arch rival to compete against. Even though the Mustang won the battle of attrition, it lost its final battle of performances against the Camaro. The Camaro is a better choice IMHO.

FastFiveO
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Apr 7, 05   2:53 PM     

keep dreaming buddy. camaro's are just as much or more costly then building mustangs.. and mustangs need less mods to be able to haul even more ass.. and the reasoning for camaros being faster is easily fixed by installing new rearend gears. i yet to come past a camaro that can wax my 19 yearold over 200k miled mustang GT at that note i can even run vette's with it and win so buddy id go for a mustang.
as i said mustangs are better. and stock stangs are slow dew to the lack of gears to run with the power

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Mon Apr 11, 05   9:25 PM     

Yea I pretty much settled on a comaro. I make like 400$ a week and have no bills. I know there costly on gas but a manual helps. imma prob get a 8 cyld comaro but if I have to settle for a 6 cyld then I will. * cyld comaro's are gas expensive but I can afford 1 so why not? good choice? im thinkin of a year 95+ I like the look better.

Ride Fast
hooyeah
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 16, 05   3:07 AM     

eeeyup

beeyotch...shit lol
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4