This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 46701

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 16, 05   8:05 PM     

Yeaaa soo good news FOR ME !!!!!!! parents gave me another 4 grand so I got this 97 chevy comaro ss lt4 8 cyld < that's right > for $8900.. OMG DOES SHE PURR WHEN SHE STARTS UP . Sooo sexy. it's a 6 spd convertible . It's hella badass. red paint job =). Soo now come the mods<member i know shit about cars> Sooooooo I know of a few things I wanna do t make it look better........ I wanna get some new pedals<red metal pedals> the cluth,brake,gas pedal.. and I wanna install a stereo system with sub woofers.. now this where I need the help. anyone know of where I can pub the woofers? i was thinking of gettin some new seats and puttin it under? or in the back seat behind the back of it. If u know the style of a ss comaro lt4 97 help me out? it's fully stock atm =). thx- any suggestions on what/where I should put shit let me know cuz im takin all shit in deciding . What would a spoiler do for my camaro? since it's already fuckin purring? thx for the help/suggestions. AIM me EqWhitey if im on and talk to me cuz I like talkin about what I can modify and shit . Ight peace from vegas!

Ride Fast
hooyeah
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sat Apr 16, 05   11:13 PM     

put the woofers in the trunk build a box 2 10's or 12's willb e enough a spoiler dont bother with the car has nice lines dont fuck it up

5 minute rice...im assuming they're reffering to 0-60 times
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   9:14 AM     

Unless you're regularly going to be running at speeds well into the triple digits (which is a felony in CA), like 120 or more, you don't need a spoiler.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   10:26 AM     

What you mean build a box? yea I was thinking of e 10's or 12's.

Ride Fast
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   10:31 AM     

well, I didn't say build a box, but I'll answer ya anyway. he means build a custom speaker box to mount them in, then the box mounts in the trunk.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Everclear
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   7:21 PM     

ha. i got no clue how to do that. is it custom made? like a chevy camaro site? or something? does it come made and I install it?

Ride Fast
buddhakwake
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Sun Apr 17, 05   11:09 PM     

well, if you measure your trunk, you can go to home depot and get some wood, use your power tools (or get someone to help you) and make one yourself that fits the trunk. cover it however you like. Or you might be able to find someone who builds custom speaker boxes for camaros and get them to do it. or, if you can't do any of that now and you can't wait, look in the pepboys and kragen ads for speaker boxes. but the most economical would be to make it yourself.

hooyeah
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   2:28 AM     

ok heres what you do build a box out of mdf cut two circles in it and mount the speakers in ithence speaker box a box for speaklers

but in your case since you seem to know absolutely nothing you can buy box's prebuilt with speakers go to best buy they'll install everything or any other shop

5 minute rice...im assuming they're reffering to 0-60 times
quik67firebird
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   2:36 PM     

Here's a link to a speakerbox on Ebay. Something like this would work for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38647&item=7968820377&rd=1

nissanzxt
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Tue Jun 28, 05   1:56 PM     

Id go for a 92 mustang 5.0 and they are usualy 5 speeds.They are pretty fastalready and you can make even faster.But no neon lights that makes you a target on wheels for cops.

rabidronin
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Jul 21, 05   7:42 AM     

I don't know where you get your facts from, but its pretty well documented that even after Ford switched to the SN95 body style, that the 93 Camaro was still the faster, and better handling car. Camaros have always been faster than Mustangs. Put your Mustang love aside and give credit where credit is due. (And this is from someone who likes both Chevys and Fords)

rabidronin
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Jul 21, 05   7:46 AM     

Sounds like to me you're not really interested in performance. I cant stand it when people buy fast cars, or put a lot of money into making their car fast, then weigh it down with a ton of stereo equipment. And you dont need a spoiler (not to mention that theres already one molded into the trunk, stock, anyways).

FastFiveO
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Jul 21, 05   3:47 PM     

actualy.. camaro's were slower unless you got to the Z28's or SS's (with the LS1 Motor) vs GT but thats what the cobra was for. and yes the camaro was slightly better with handeling dew to engine placement. mustang engine was set in the car towards the front of the cam more then camaro's giving camaro's better handeling. which can easily be fixed with a K-member

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Thu Jul 21, 05   5:09 PM     

Well of course the base model Camaros are slower than a GT, thats why they're base models.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Silo55
Re: First Car-Help Me Out   Posted Fri Jul 22, 05   12:23 AM     

But if your gonna compare base model Camaros you shoudl compare base model MUstang to them.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4