This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 7061

qtipextra
Which Is Better   Posted Wed Jan 26, 05   9:07 PM     

Which would be faster and betteer in accelaration, an Eagle Talon AWD or just FWD?

NotoriouS187
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   6:51 AM     

i say fwd...awd is heavier.....but in snow awd is nasty...but dont listen to me cuz i dont know that much

buddhakwake
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   11:30 PM     

It depends on how they are driven. If burnouts are a factor in the accel, then the fwd would be better because awds have a tendency to lug their engines on takeoff, because they don't allow the wheel slip needed to get a proper launch and maintain the ideal rpms for acceleration. That being said, if it's got enough power to lay down rubber or the proper power band (lotsa low end torque) that engine lugging isn't a problem, then most likely the awd because that same quality that contibutes to the lugging issue will make better use of the power being put out. Hope that's not too bizarre of an answer for you.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
qtipextra
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Fri Jan 28, 05   9:27 AM     

Well im gettin an automatic. And it has
Horsepower 210 @ 6000 RPM
Torque 214 @ 3000 RPM
stock. What do u think I should get AWD or FWD?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Is Better   Posted Fri Jan 28, 05   7:00 PM     

You shouldnt even have to ask this question. The AWD eclipse is by far better than the FWD, and im pretty sure the AWD is TURBO TOO!

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
qtipextra
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Fri Jan 28, 05   8:08 PM     

Yes, both the FWD and the AWD is turbo.
So, AWD?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which Is Better   Posted Sat Jan 29, 05   9:05 AM     

Definitely.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
importracer06
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Sun Jan 30, 05   3:42 PM     

both fwd and awd lug your engin unless you have it in hi

nissanzxt
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Mon Mar 28, 05   1:22 PM     

I would go with awd.You get better traction on the launches and better traction out of the turn

FastFiveO
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Mon Mar 28, 05   4:33 PM     

awd is better but it laggs because your motor is pulling all the wheels yet fwd you wont get near the traction but get more power out of it and less lag. but some tallons have bad running and turbo reps so pay close attention to the one you get to make shure it has no probs

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
talonterror
Re: Which Is Better   Posted Tue Apr 5, 05   8:39 PM     

I've been driving a stock front wheel for 3 years. I've raced many cars on stretches of county roads and highways. It'll be a long time b4 i get rid of my Talon!!! I've raced and defeated many cars from topaz's to grand am's to Mustang GT's. But i love to race similer cars!!! And my best friend has an all wheel that i can beat off the line but in the end he always edges by me!!! Hope that long novel got the point across!!! LOL