This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 2937

MuscleCarGuy
Need Help With Ford Ranger Problems   Posted Thu Dec 16, 04   3:14 PM     

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5 L4. When I was on the road the other day my spedo quit working, my ABS shut down, and My O/D stopped working. I think it is a problem with the alternator because once they drop below 13.5 Volts your computer starts shutting down non-vital electrical systems to hog the power for itself. Does anyone know anything about this year model Ford having a bad alternator? Or does anyone know what might be the problem if it isn't the alternator? This doesn't mean i want stupid people to down domestics and say it messed up because its a Ford, I am actually looking for some geniune help from someone who knows more about engines than I do. Any help will do, i'll be waiting.

P.S. Please don't post something stupid about domestics or imports, at this point I no longer give a shit.

FastFiveO
Re: Need Help With Ford Ranger Problems   Posted Thu Dec 16, 04   5:19 PM     

have you checked all your relays and fuses? i havnt herd of anything on bad dist. and right off the batt i cant think of anything else.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
BlownGTP

Re: Need Help With Ford Ranger Problems   Posted Fri Dec 17, 04   2:33 PM     

If equiped, have the wheel sensors looked at. Since everything you listed has to do with the truck moving and stopping.

How long has it been like this? If it were your alternator, Your truck would not even start if it's been more than a day or two. I doubt thats the problem.

One more thing it could be is the fact that it's a ford....................Just joking. Don't get upset about that one. You had it coming and you know it. LOL !!! Let me know what happens.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
MuscleCarGuy
Re: Need Help With Ford Ranger Problems   Posted Fri Dec 17, 04   3:38 PM     

It's all good now. It turned out to be the speed sensor in the rear end housing. My Battery is bad too, it's the original. God I hate motorcraft parts. I have had so many motorcraft parts go bad way before they were supposed to. Thanks for the advice. My advice to you is to NEVER buy motorcraft parts. . . .

BlownGTP

Re: Need Help With Ford Ranger Problems   Posted Fri Dec 17, 04   5:29 PM     

I thought that was it, Speed sensor is the same as wheel sensor.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg