This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 3831

Bluerider21
new to the underground world   Posted Thu Dec 9, 04   6:22 AM     

I just purchased a '95 thunderbird... i kno thats not exactly the type of car to be running wild with out there but i was wondering...performance wise...what could i do to make it run nice??????

SpyderEclipseKid

Re: new to the underground world   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   2:57 PM     

dude you gotta put in NOS and I'd change the gear ratio, and i'd see if i could add turbo a hood scoop and vinyls, just for looks

buddhakwake
Re: new to the underground world   Posted Mon Dec 13, 04   1:44 PM     

Save the nos until you have no other options left. Don't know much about these engines, but start at the start by upgrading your intake and exhaust, let the car breath, then start throwing on the good stuff like forced induction. But remember that nos is a last resort when there's nothing left you can do to squeeze power out of the engine, and for the love of god and all that is holy don't spend your money on the flashy non-performance stuff (ugh, vinyls) until the car can back up the flash you stick on it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
66StangGuy
Re: new to the underground world   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   12:16 PM     

definatly listen to the guy above me. You don't want to spend money on show when you don't have alot of go. Induction is always a good thing to start with. I'm not to hip on modern cars but with any car a good thing to increase is air flow. Thats in and out. So intake and exhaust is a good first step.

66 shelby clone
1969Stang
Re: new to the underground world   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   3:23 PM     

well its simple....what kind is it..i believe 95 is the last year of the sc...so is it an sc with a supercharged v-6 or lx with a v6 3.8 or a v8 5.0 or did they have the 4.6....think its the 4.6 if its a v-8...let me know what motor then we'll go from there but basics get more air in and more air out

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
nissanzxt
Re: new to the underground world   Posted Mon Mar 28, 05   1:29 PM     

I suggest headers,exhaust,intake and a hot cam