This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 7301

southern_muscle
who would win   Posted Sun Dec 5, 04   5:54 PM     

who would win?
2000 honda civic, 127 horse power 4 cylinder stock, with a turbo charger and a 50 horse power shot of nos, and a standard transmission on top, or a 1973 Dodge Charger 4bbl carb, 3 in exhaust, high rise intake, Drag tires, a 3.91 gear posi track rear end, and a 150 horse power shot of nos with an automatic transmission?

Never drive faster than your guardian angle... I'm glad mine is Earnhart
BlownGTP

Re: who would win   Posted Mon Dec 6, 04   9:37 AM     

Why would you even ask that? I think you know what the answer is.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
FastFiveO
Re: who would win   Posted Wed Dec 8, 04   10:39 AM     

you gotta figure the charger weighs more and you didnt specify the motor. in it. and a high rise intake doesnt make that much extra hp now.. if you had a blown 440 magnum that be a different story.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
MuscleCarGuy
Re: who would win   Posted Wed Dec 8, 04   2:44 PM     

I agree with five-0. Give us some engine specs on the charger before we can make an educated guess. If it's running like a stock 318 it would lose. But if it has a magnum 440 or something the civic wouldnt stand a chance.

BlownGTP

Re: who would win   Posted Thu Dec 9, 04   10:17 AM     

Oh my god you guys are idiots. Please look back at this someday when you grow up.

MuscleCarGuy
Re: who would win   Posted Thu Dec 9, 04   10:39 AM     

A civic with a turbo and nos would be pushing more power than a 318 charger with nos. Not to mention the charger is an auto (in 1973 autos didnt shift that fast) and the charger weighs twice as much as the civic. The 318 charger and the turbocharged civic would be a close match. Now if the charger has a bigger engine it would, without a doubt, be faster.

DBLDREW
Re: who would win   Posted Thu Dec 9, 04   11:07 AM     

Well let’s look at the worse case scenario and say that the charger has a 318. Well in 1973 because of new strict emissions regulations the hp was pretty crappy 175HP. But you also said that it had a 4-barrel carb 3” exhaust high-rise intake. Now you didn’t say anything about changing the cam so I will assume that it is still the stock emissions cam. Now the pre emissions 318 was rated at 230hp so let’s say with your mods you get it back around that range 230hp-250hp now add the 150 shot of nos and you are around 380hp-400hp

So lets look at the civic 127hp stock, I did a google search for turbo kits and it looks like with 7lbs of boost you could expect a ~100hp gain, add a 50hp shot of nos and you are looking at ~277hp now I would guess that the Honda will have a much better power to weight ratio then the charger, but the charger with it being rwd posi and a 3.90 gears would get a better hole shot.

I think it is a tough call and I don’t think they are idiots for asking for more engine specs.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
FastFiveO
Re: who would win   Posted Fri Dec 10, 04   10:31 PM     

THANK YOU! see blown ya cant be always right. you haf to know specs before you can determine things

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
BlownGTP

Re: who would win   Posted Sun Dec 12, 04   1:21 PM     

Oh my god. The charger with all the emissions crap ripped off , gears, and N20 (and I highly doubt the car does not have a healthy stall converter) is plenty to take the civic out. They have shit for torque. I can't beleive this is even a question here. I win again. Civics suck. get over it.

Edited by BlownGTP (Sun Dec 12, 04   1:23 PM)

SpyderEclipseKid

Re: who would win   Posted Tue Dec 14, 04   3:08 PM     

definetely the Charger, Civics suck