This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 16561

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
ms692
THE END??????   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:30 AM     

For those who love cars, customizing and racing are a way of life. Some dedicated performance enthusiasts, however, are putting their cars, their buddies and their lives on the line by street racing.

Street racing is illegal. The CHP won't hesitate to take street racers to court.

A first conviction on a street racing violation means:

Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.
Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days.
Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).
If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.
Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.
Instead, take your car to a National Hot Rod Association-sanctioned track or drag strip, where you can race safely under optimum conditions.

HyperGT
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:49 AM     

PINCHE JOTO

"Ever seen a Supercharged Kia? its amazing it has like 90HP"
ms692
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:50 AM     

i hope its the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover
HyperGT
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   2:18 PM     

shut ur trap

"Ever seen a Supercharged Kia? its amazing it has like 90HP"
ms692
Re: THE END??????   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   2:09 AM     

ooo dont hit me

uglystick
Re: THE END??????   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:14 AM     

Land Rovers are self immolating (look it up, junior) pieces of shit. My IH Scout II could hit your land rover head on at 40mph and put your engine into your lap and still make it through rush hour traffic without overheating.

If I ate a habanero chile and breathed in your general direction your cylinder heads would crack. Fuckin limey garbage. (Sorry Goped ;-)

Jason

ms692
Re: THE END??????   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   4:18 AM     

ur just like ur name arnt u A UGLY STICK

SweetNeon

Re: THE END??????   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   6:37 PM     

how could you hate a rover motor that came out of a 60's buick?

uglystick
Re: THE END??????   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   9:20 PM     

they're nothing like the 60's buick. IN FACT...if you want the history of the rover aluminum v8, it goes like this:

bmw looked at olds and desoto ohv v8's in the early 50's and copied them to make a similar but smaller alloy v8. when done with this, they sold that design to rover. rover later updated the technology by reflecting on the buick nailhead, but the core of that engine is still based upon a '55 bmw engine.

now, as for the cooling issues, you know as well as i do that the configuration of cooling reservoirs and other items in a cooling system can make a perfectly good engine overheat regularly. the british are particularly good at configuring their systems so air bubbles get into the water jackets and cause cooling issues.

i still think my chili pepper breath comment was funny.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: THE END??????   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   6:49 PM     

Prove to me the motor came out of a Bavarian monkey wagon, got any web site address's?

DieselGoPed

Re: THE END??????   Posted Thu Aug 12, 04   3:21 AM     

awww wow. you still remember me
i hope you're talking about the new landrovers, in which case i agree with you.anything newer than a range rover is utter shite and heavily publicized for the 'urban jungle' driven my men who have something to compensate for with a 4.0 v8 and 4wd which they're never going to use, and dumb housewives for taking kids to school and doing the shopping run cos they know they suck too much at driving to have anything smaller.
old skwl landies (pre 1980) are great though, built like tanks and can go everywhere.
in keeping with british tradition...they do leak though.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
1969Stang
Re: THE END??????   Posted Mon Sep 6, 04   8:40 PM     

hahaha....just like old times...and yes jason it was funny.

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
FastFiveO
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   10:04 AM     

street racing is illegal "no duh" i think we all coulda figured out the maximum penalty but still that doesnt change. ever hear of risk takers. they do things for the thrill of it. if someone has the will to streetrace they will 9-10 times if your into it you will have your car set to handel, and if your on an empty road or got the road blocked or something. you got nothing to worry about . personaly i would never race down crowded road. and thats the only streetracing ya gotta worry about in my opinoin. but w/e ill still do what racing i love steet/strip/auto-x ect.

96Firebird
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   4:32 PM     

yea who is not stupid to know street racing is illegal..Here in lubbock texas they changed the rule..You get pulled over for racing, your license is GONE, but your parents friends who ever can get your car..You get put in jail though, just for 24hours, but its not really bad here...But hey u a street racer, then let it be.you a drag racer, then let it be. Leave Street/Drag Racers alone...Stupid Noobie

FastFiveO
Re: THE END??????   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   4:56 PM     

whos a stupid noobie.. if your talkin bout me. then yeah im a noob to the site but not street racing.

86 mustang GT
Pages in this thread: (1) 2