This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 22763

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
FastFiveO
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Tue Oct 26, 04   9:54 AM     

i dunno why you dont like fords but you can get a 90's eclypse or a cavy if you like chevys tho i personaly dont like em. umm could get a srt-4 i dunno.. start small go big. i bought my first car. not my parents so i guess hit em up for as much as you can. just dont get nothing you cant handel

acuraRSXtypeS
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   12:13 PM     

Who ever said the Neon, i used to want one but thne i looked at the stock engine lol they suck! try an acura rsx, or a hyundai tiburon. but for a first car u might want an auto inlesss u wanna be a ricer, then u get man.
BUt dont get a dodge inless u have about 10k to put into it it worthless.

NotoriouS187
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   4:43 PM     

you said no fords? Dude you missing out on a FORD MUSTANG.... BRO drive one v8 mustang I bet you well love rideing it and feeling the power of a American Muscle

NotoriouS187
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   4:45 PM     

You said Dodge NEON? Haha my freind got one of those he mods it to the bone and its still slow..my car is stock and still smokes it....and he got a 2002 and its worth crap...those cars are for girls and for poor peeps..Get a American muscle car for your 1st thats wut I did its good to jump into the good stuff

NotoriouS187
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   4:48 PM     

Nah bro what i said in my other posts are true but bro if your a first time driver dont get into a seat of a mustang or any american mustang your kill your self or your insurance would be flying rocketing....a good 1st time car I say anything that affordable I say a civic or a nissan maxima or alitma...I dont know

FastFiveO
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sun Oct 31, 04   10:04 PM     

true that. american muscle is the way to go. but, if yall talking about me saying the neon srt-4 and bladering about bone stock neons yall might be specifyed under retards. the srt-4 are pretty sweet.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
KoshiB
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Fri Dec 17, 04   7:56 PM     

SRT-4's are okay. I looked into em. But meh, they're over-rated. I had the personal pleasure of watching an srt4 on a 150 shot of nos and some other mods get owned by a lightly modded '03 Cobra that was near stock (intake and high performance tires, maybe one or two other minor things). It then tried later that night and the SRT-4 blew its engine trying to keep up. Driver was pissed. The cars nickname is Viper-eater.(It got it for a reason, smoked a Viper driven by a rich asian punk down in Hartford CT one night on the highway.)

*** Looking to sell (or pimp) '96 Saturn SL1 with mid miles (115k miles) ***
MuscleCarGuy
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Fri Dec 17, 04   10:47 PM     

Don't just assume all fords are bad. If you buy something new and take care of it it will last you a long time no matter what it is. I would reccomend one of the 2005 V-6 stangs. The 4.0 pushes a little over 200 horses stock and insurance isnt thru the roof. You can pick one up for less than $20,000 and you can easily mod the 4.0. Take care of it and it will last you just as long as anything else.

If you are wanting to mod right away then dont buy a new car because you will void your warranty and almost any new car has some warranty work that needs to be done.

FastFiveO
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sat Dec 18, 04   2:31 AM     

lmao koshib. yes srt-4's are light but thats sad it had to have nitrous to make it do so. and for the cobra they only push around 8 lb boost stock. and a pully and exhause and a few minor things and your pushin 400 hp . and heres a nother thing mr. jack in the box. a stock cobra motor can hold around 1000 hp 05 gt's for less then 25k come stock with 300 hp add muffelers and that adds a nother 15+ b4 you talk shit how bout step it up with some one who isnt roaling a stock car around your way.

O sorry MY BAD.. YOU DRIVE A SATURN oopsie.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
KoshiB
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Sat Dec 18, 04   4:29 AM     

Umm, FastFiveO, your post made no sense. Ya might wanna rework the grammar. Anyway, I forgot to mention it was a lightly upgraded *SVT* Cobra. So thats a bit more than 400 horses.

*** Looking to sell (or pimp) '96 Saturn SL1 with mid miles (115k miles) ***
lloyd
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Wed Dec 22, 04   7:31 AM     

shut up

calidrager06
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Wed Feb 2, 05   8:44 AM     

I would have to say a honda prelude they are pretty good on gas and they are faster then a civic make sure you get an h23 or h22 if you get a 92-97 they wont cost that much money

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Wed Feb 2, 05   4:33 PM     

This is the domestic forum idiot, why would he want a prelude, and stop giving shitty advice, the h23 is a crap motor.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
tunermonkey
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Mon Feb 7, 05   9:16 PM     

I know this thread is old, but when I said Neon, I meant 1st gen (95-99) DOHC 5spd. Sorry to say, but anyone who thinks a 99 Civic SI will eat one for dinner, you're sorely mistaken.

And about the guy who suggested a real car like an Acura RSX, hate to say it, but I stomped rsx-s from a dead stop with my Neon, with two passengers in my car.

Neons have always had a bad reputation for being girl cars, or like it was said, "poor person" cars. But I'd hate to say it, I see more beater civics than Neons around.

I used to get alot of crap for driving a Neon, until I showed what they were capable of. My kill list ranges from swapped civics to 5.0 foxbody and newer 4.6 mustangs.

But hey, think what you want. I'm not into the racing scene anymore, since I'm going to have a daughter in a few months.

And yes, most second gen's (aside from the srt-4) are SLLLOOOOWWWW

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
nissanzxt
Re: hey im new and need advice!   Posted Thu Mar 31, 05   8:47 AM     

I say get a nissan 240 or a altima.thats what I started out with.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)