This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 25679

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
Dave97RS
what would u suggest   Posted Mon Mar 15, 04   6:20 PM     

hey guys i have a damned import and id like to start an American muscle car project... but i have no idea where to start, not even which car i want 2 build up. Im only working part time and going 2 school so itd be a drawn out process. any ideas would be awesome, ive kindve ruled out the ranchero and camaro for personal reasons. Id like something scheek and just plain mean looking, but with the ability to be super damn fast without having to sell body parts to afford. thx Dave-

Metal396
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Tue Mar 16, 04   8:48 PM     

buy mine, it meets ur description perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE
-73 Musatng 351c - $9,500 O.B.O.!
[External Image Removed]

Dave97RS
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Wed Mar 17, 04   8:28 PM     

yeh except thats not a project car and its 10 g's i dont have right now lol. im looking for ideas for a type of car... not a car 4 sale. Im going to want basicaly a frame, and build it from the ground up. thx tho

Metal396
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Thu Mar 18, 04   3:38 PM     

goodluck man!

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE
-73 Musatng 351c - $9,500 O.B.O.!
[External Image Removed]

SweetNeon

Re: what would u suggest   Posted Sun Mar 21, 04   7:42 PM     

you sound like another idiot who gets ahead of him self and never gets anywhere

Dave97RS
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Mon Mar 22, 04   6:29 PM     

thanks for the info dick! ive been researching imports for quite some time now but decided I want an American Muscle car instead, because of their ability to adapt to mods well and the fact that the horses just roll in, unlike damn imports where u can easily blow 10 grand in mods and gain maybe 250 horses. I just dont know much about the older cars so i didnt know if someone had an idea on a good starter car, so i put what i was looking for and then was hoping for ideas. the fact that alls u could do was flame tells me much about yourself... keep it up

tunermonkey
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Tue Mar 23, 04   4:17 PM     

Get a neon. They respond well to mods.. Hell, 14.9 in the 1/4 with just intake and exhaust (and little mundane things here and there) isn't bad at all.. speaking of which, I'm selling two of my neons (not the fast one tho)

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.
Camarossbabe

Re: what would u suggest   Posted Tue Mar 23, 04   11:40 PM     

Well theres a kind of a swap meet in pomona where a whole bunch of peeps meet up and try to sell they're cars... some need a hell of a lot work to be done or some come with it all. But majority of the people are sellin cheap ass cars. If your interested i'll found out the directions for you

Dave97RS
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Wed Mar 24, 04   11:59 AM     

thatd be awesome (the pomona thing)... o and tuner, if i did get a neon, itd be an r/t but right now im starting 2 reach toward ranchero. well see.

dragonrider87
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Fri Mar 26, 04   2:39 AM     

80's body style mustang large after market for them and youd be amazed at just how big a motor you can cram into one of them ive read articles where big block engines fit with almost no problem also they weigh less than alot of the ricers out there and a good v8 stang can run 14's with no extra cash involved just some tuning

if it isnt fast enough to do some thing incredibly stupid in then it's not fast enough
Dave97RS
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Mon Mar 29, 04   7:44 PM     

i do love them stangs, but the american muscle is going 2 wait a while, i just got offered a 8000$ loan from a loanshark and im buying a 1996 3000gt vr4 from a friend of a friend. woot pwnd

SweetNeon

Re: what would u suggest   Posted Fri Apr 16, 04   7:56 PM     

loanshark as in your family?

dragracer445
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Thu Apr 29, 04   4:48 PM     

I am no genuis on cars but if you looking for an old hot rod i suggest a chevelle.....my dad use to race a 66 ss chevelle...it is nice...he still has it

-*- I love Drag Racing-*-
Dave97RS
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Sun May 9, 04   12:49 PM     

naw loan shark as in a guy my boss knows who would chop my fingers off if i missed a payment lol. The 3kgt wound up being less a car than i was told. Im still in the market for a new car, but not til after the summer and i think itl be a nice eclipse gsx, well see. thx 4 the help guys. o and i know 3 people w/ chevells.... and my eclpse nt can beat them all, i know they CAN be fast but they arent by themselves.

Dave-

NickQ
Re: what would u suggest   Posted Sun May 9, 04   2:49 PM     

In reply to:

you sound like another idiot who gets ahead of him self and never gets anywhere

Typical sweetneon post

[External Image Removed]
13.6 @ 100 2.1 - 60'
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3