This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 69210

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
Fat_Tony

Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   4:43 PM     

I was just wonderin what the best muscle cars are for like each model for example a chevelle was the ls6 and for 'cudas it was the hemi cuda what about other kind of cars? Was camaros the ZL1? best Corvette? what about from other compeditors, brands like amc, buick, oldsmobile, plymouth, mercury, ford just a general question.

I'll let my car do the talkin
hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   4:52 PM     

personally i would say the plymouth superbird, amc javelin, buick GSX, pontiac gto judge, dodge hemi challenger, ford boss 429, olds cutlass 442, shelby cobra 427, and the corvette would be a split window i think 427, 71 chevelle 454ss. now these are all just personal preference good question by thwe way should ee some intersting responses oh and can't forget the civic sir hehe j/k obviously damn rice

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
1969Stang
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   5:25 PM     

Okay, the corvette was never considered a muscle car...I think it should have been...But hey what do I know....The mustang wins the americas favorite muscle car year after year...but imo it would have to be the ford thunderbolt. 70chevelle SS. Not a camaro person but a 69camaro would be one that I would drive...hehehe...The ford gran torino. Then of course most mopars...Not even going to start naming them...most of them lets just leave it at that. What else did I miss, oh the cobras, gtos. Well thats all I could think of right now...anyways peace. But believe me there are a whole lot more.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Fat_Tony

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   5:31 PM     

oh yah i almost forgot pontiac does any consider a cougar a muscle car? cuz i think cougars and mustangs were/are the same just like camaros and firebirds are

hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   5:33 PM     

i am aware that the corvette was never a muscle car but neither was the thunderbird really or the cobras they were sports cars the true definition of a muscle car is 4 seats and big engine i think it has to be over a certain cubic inches to count or soemtihng but i think we can let that go and count them in here to, and another thing the mustang is not americas favorite muscle car noone can truly decide that it is all in personal preference, mcdonalds is also americas favorite fry that doesn't mean it's true. and the original muscle car was the cuda it came out like 2 weeks before the gto or was it after i dunno i think the cuda actually was 2 weeks late so in that case the gto is the original then came the cuda. the mustang wasn't even really a muscle car at the start it was a pony car a six cylinder and a 289 aren't exactly muscle car status. i do believe the mustang would have needed atleast a 351 to count and i am pretty sure that didn't come until much later on liek 67 or something

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   5:34 PM     

the cougar xr7 was a muscle car i do believe and the marauder which i just heard they were bringing out a new one in 2003

Phatmatt

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   6:16 PM     

without a doubt I'd say the Mustang Mach I, SS Camaro, and the great Charger RT. The best of Ford, GM, and Chrysler. I'd give the cars medals on looks alone.

Fat_Tony

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   10:24 PM     

hooyeah usually i agree with u but z/28s only used to have 302s but they were for sure a muscle car a 302 would gladly lay waste to most even a mustang 302. I think a real muscle car just had to have the intention of selling towards teenagers, not too exspensieve and as much power in as little weight as possible.

BadAssDodge

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   11:58 PM     

' 68 Hurst Hemi Dart is the ultimate to me. Already the smallest, lightest Dodge, then add lighter fiberglass hood and fenders, lexan glass, acid dipped doors, and a race Hemi, and sell it at Dodge dealers with a disclaimer. May not have the lines of a Charger R/T, but it will spank one easily.

Faster & More Furious
BlownGTP

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   8:21 AM     

the best muscle car in my eyse was the 69 gto judge. aww man i just got the shivers thinking about it. that is on awsome car.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!
Fat_Tony

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   9:01 AM     

yep i'd have to say the hurst too love em it seems like all the companys had thier super drag car in and around the 70's

hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   2:17 PM     

i'm not sure but i heard that the early hemi cars with the race hemi had warnings on the dash read sometihng like this :: warning this car does not come with a warranty, it is equipped with a race 426 hemi and should not be used without a spotter:: it went sometihng liek that i have a mopar freak frined who has it memorized and read it to me a few days ago now that kid is a car nut

BadAssDodge

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   2:43 PM     

this is what the decal says, its in my year one catalog:
This car is equipped with a 426 cu.in. engine (and other special equipment). This car is intended for use in supervised acceleration trials and is not intended for highway or general passenger car use. Accordingly, THIS VEHICLE IS SOLD "AS IS" and the 12 month or 12,000 mile vehicle warranty coverage and the 2 year or 20,000 mile powertrain coverage warranty DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS VEHICLE.

Faster & More Furious
hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   2:50 PM     

yes that would be what was recited to me this kid is a freking mopar freak it's really funny he lives sleep drinks and eats mopar thats all

TheRealMyles

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   3:30 PM     

I will agree with the Hemi Dart those are sweet Cars. ..mls

Peace,

TRM

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6