This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 69210

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6  
Phatmatt

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   7:05 PM     

Hemi's are sweet ass man.

BIGRED

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   6:46 AM     

Man, here is only one as far as I am concerned. 69' DZ 302 Z28.....off the showroom floor 12.60's with slicks back in 69!! that my friends is a badass car. no to mention the fact that it turned like 8000 rpm STOCK!!
and I know a few stories told by my teacher at the School of Automotive Machinists www.samracing.com where it totally smoked even a blown, twin carbed, LS6 Big Block!! so there!!

-------------------------------------------------------------- Race-Prep Performance Engineering Inc. "Your one stop shop for engine performance"
BadAssDodge

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   11:30 AM     

didn't those 302 Z's have like 4.88 gears stock?? I know it was more than 4.10, wich is rare for any car from the factory

Faster & More Furious
hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   3:12 PM     

i think the only ones i have seen with 4:10s are in big trucks now 4:88 thats nice

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
1969Stang
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   3:48 PM     

yes they are...very sweet

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
novaboy

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Tue Apr 30, 02   5:03 PM     

im thinking that a 69 corvette l87 or l88 i dont remember but it has a 427 with 450 hp. and my corvette says its power rating is "laughingly underrated"

novaboy
1969Stang
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Thu May 2, 02   3:13 PM     

maybe one of the best known cars around....the General Lee..Dukes of hazzard...Charger...right?

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
BIGRED

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Thu May 2, 02   10:29 PM     

Yeah nova the L88 was more like 575-600 hp stock.....just a little underrated.

-------------------------------------------------------------- Race-Prep Performance Engineering Inc. "Your one stop shop for engine performance"
Fat_Tony

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Thu May 2, 02   10:39 PM     

hey hemis were way underratted too we all know that no sure by how much but nonetheless underrated

I'll let my car do the talkin
hooyeah
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Thu May 2, 02   10:48 PM     

i think the real ratings ont he hemis were like 500 hp and 550 torque i think thats wut i have heard, oh and we are ripping apart and rebuilding an old hemi 354 i thinkit's from a school bus and it's going into a 54 dodge thing should fly, it's an industrial motro so the torque will be huge

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works
PremiumSyzle
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   8:02 PM     

Ok from an early post, whats so special about the Gran Torino? lol, you mean the Torino GTs? They had Torino twister specials. Oh, true, nobody will ever forget the '69 Charger R/Ts. My girlfriend's step-dad has a replica of "General Lee" and "The Bandit". Hes a car movie nut. lol, he's going to be buried in The Bandit. Seriously. Oh and the hemi' cudas.. saw one on ebay the other day, restored with all original equipment up to the hose clamps! $70,000!!! lol. The one thing I'll never ever forget about the Muscle of the late 60s, early 70s... those WONDERFUL paintjobs, especially on the Mopars.. the yellow Superbees with the stripes on the back and the bee logos... the blacked out hoods and racing stripes... man those stripes from The Shelbys have been classic and replicated up to today! Everybody loves a blue car with two white stripes! lol, I really adored the paintjobs on some of the Mopars. Mmmmm, retro paintjobs are awesome. Ok guys Im out

uglystick
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Jul 1, 02   10:51 AM     

The '70 A Body 454 SS cars were bad assed. Probably the most power out of a big 3 stock engine ever to be produced. the figures the factory noted were 450 horse 550 lb ft. it was more like 550 horse 650 lb ft from what i hear, but the cars simply would NOT hook up to save their lives, and hence got their asses handed to them by AMC AMX's....which were pretty cool themselves.

BUT if i had to make a comment about what the best muscle car out of the box was, it would be a '66 GTO. or a '64 Cheetah, but that was a low production one off setup, so i don't think it would count.

http://cheetahracecars.org/images/hornberg.JPG

my .02,

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...
PremiumSyzle
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Jul 1, 02   11:11 AM     

I've always been in love with the Shelby Cobras.

Fst69Chevelle
Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Mon Jul 8, 02   11:35 PM     

A REALLY GOOD MUSCLE CAR IS THE 70 ROADRUNNER WITH THE 383C.I. EQUIPPED WITH THE 4 SPEED AND THE HURST SHIFTER! PRRRR BABY PRRRR

It Wuz Once 69Chevelle But Now Im Faster And Better! So Fuck You
Fat_Tony

Re: Whats the best model muscle car?   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   1:06 AM     

sorry, cobra nor corvette r muscle cars

I'll let my car do the talkin
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5 6