This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 2939

uglystick
Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Fri Sep 26, 03   11:39 AM     

Well, yesterday was a bit of a mistake. I got to work at 6am so that I could leave by 10am and work on the jag conversion all day. Problem was, my best friend came home from iraq yesterday and we ended up hanging around shooting the shit more than we got work done. But in all honesty, if it weren't for an oil pan and windage tray that needed serious modification to coexist, the drivetrain would be in by now.

As of today, the engine compartment is prepped, the engine is fully prepped and detailed ready for installation. The compartment prep consisted of gutting everything unnecessary, masking everything that was left and painting the compartment trim black . We then installed the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, coolant catch can, moroso oil vapor catch can and breather, twin filter remote oiling system and a new upgraded sway bar. The motor mount brackets were bolted up and the hydraulic steering lines were bent to clear the mount brackets. The throttle cable, tv cable, oil filtration lines and final wiring are all that we're lacking, as the engine must be in for fitment of them.

In the trunk, we've got a holley blue fuel pump, holley canister style fuel filter and moroso fuel cooler.

Hopefully we will get the tranny linkage done saturday morning. after that we'll be able to install the whole 9 yards into the car, drill the tranny crossmember holes and be ready for exhaust and driveshaft. Then it's up to oregon for paint.

Photos:

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

and the rest are at:

http://orionoutdoor.com/jason/jag/

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
uglystick
Re: Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Mon Oct 6, 03   11:07 AM     

christ, it's been a week and three days since i posted that. seen substantial progress, but i still have some work ahead of me.

here are the new photos;

http://orionoutdoor.com/jason/jag1/

quick shots....fuel system:

[External Image Removed]

engine w/ most hoses connected:

[External Image Removed]

radiator mounting, etc:

[External Image Removed]

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
MrPeabody

Re: Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Mon Oct 6, 03   11:10 AM     

Hey man, looking good. I got my speedo fixed on the Z, so I might be ready for a trip northward. Hit me up on AIM or pm me and we can swap schedules.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Mon Oct 6, 03   7:10 PM     

always have loved the way shiny steel hoses look very very nice

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
LS4_454
Re: Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Mon Oct 6, 03   7:39 PM     

ooohhh, Aaaaaahhhh, coming along nicely. Were are the side drafts? And how about some more steel braided for the lines at the fuel system in the trunk?
I hope you post a vid with sound, should be pretty cool to hear the Cat with the Mouse sound.

uglystick
Re: Jaguar Progress....Detailed.   Posted Tue Oct 7, 03   10:34 AM     

still haven't bought the four sidedrafts, or the msd 7 digital distributorless system that they'll require. my dad insisted that i didn't send the car up to him with sidedrafts on it. too risky as it'll be in a shared shop. so i'm going to buy them while it's gone and then get the whole setup ready to install when it returns, painted. i may also buy a spare jag front and rear suspensions and build them off the car, then swap them in when it returns. depends on cashflow.

sadly, this and the coupe w/ turbo will be my last two projects for a LONG time. next spring i'll be focusing on landscaping our two acres. i'm getting pooped with all the car work, and i need to give it a rest for a while when these two are done.

jason