This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 16335

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 10, 03   4:06 PM     

Well,

Hopefully I will be able to get some good video tonight of the el camino doing its last burnouts before transplanting the engine into the jaguar. The el camino chassis/body/12bolt and exhaust are going to my best friend. That leaves us with four cars. Much better than a year ago when we had 8.

All i'll share about the potential new addition to the garage is that it's powered by a rocket v8.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
uglystick
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   12:23 PM     

Here's the burnout vid. The beginning of this is me literally goosing the gas four or five times. just a touch of the pedal and the tires do a full rotation or two. then i ramped it up to about 4500rpm and took 10,000 miles off the treads i'd guess. the mill has since been taken down to the long block and we're pulling it for prep (new oiling system, sensors, headers, etc.) prior to installation with the 700r4 i ordered yesterday.

http://orionoutdoor.com/jason/110_1068_sm.mov

it's 15mb for those of you on dialup.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Metal396
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   3:54 PM     

HAHA YES!!! THAT WAS SOOO BADASS! I LOVE THE SOUND OF THAT THING!!! HAHAHAHA THAT WAS SO GREAT DUDE!!! THAT MADE MY DAY, THANKS JASON!!! LOL RAW POWER!!!!

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
-73 Musatng 351c
-98 Civic EX D16Y8
BlownGTP

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   5:21 PM     

all i got was audio, no video.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Phatmatt

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   9:58 PM     

that car was litterly one of the coolest things around. sniff.

Phatmatt

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   9:59 PM     

I can't spell.... sniff....

BlownGTP

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   7:19 AM     

ok, i saw it now, i had to load some new software to makr it work. I think that it sounds good as hell at idle. It has a nice "loap" to it.

And jason, you look different than i was picturing. Not to be a dick but i was picturing more of a red neck looking dude. LOL <--------Dont take that the wrong way.

Your neighbors have got to love you. Your wife has got to love the Posi marks in the driveway too. LOL

uglystick
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   9:46 AM     

no i'm a typical computer nerd. ;-) lol. married for a month today and she's already got me on a diet. lol

so the engine came out last night. along with all the tranny fluid straight out the tailshaft of the th350. the wife didn't mind the burnout marks. she DID mind the tranny fluid, especially when the best thing we had to sop it up was about three and a half cups of cat litter. lol....

problem was the car has a 4" dia driveshaft with moroso u joint girdles on it. the u joint girdles make removal of the rear of the shaft take about an hour, no bs. its an allen bolt with a nylock on the other end, access of which comes in quarter turns. sooooo we simply pulled the engine/trans off the slip yoke and went. so did the tranny. ha!

i got the becool radiator (ooooohhhh purdy), milodon oil pan, crank scraper, etc. yesterday from summit. the rest should be in within the week and i can start prepping the engine. it's going to be a bit of work as the windage tray uses new studs for the maincaps and bolts to said studs. so all of the maincaps need to be retorqued, etc. should have the engine prep done within a week, which will give us a little extra time to add the new steering rack bushings and sway bar.

coming along...slowly but surely.

jason

Satanismycopilot
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:34 PM     

In reply to:

In response to:

Poster: BlownGTP
Subject: Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...

And jason, you look different than i was picturing. Not to be a dick but i was picturing more of a red neck looking dude. LOL <--------Dont take that the wrong way.

yeah i just saw and i said OMG HES A DORK?!?(also not to be taken the wrong way)

you remind me of the beav from leave it to beaver. i was expecting at the very least some nasty ass jeans and a tshirt.

not that i can talk im from the Pine Barrens in New Jersey. hick country. although it is really nice where i live NO NJ DOES NO SMELL ALL OF NJ DOES NOT LOOK LIKE NEWARK AND CAMDEN.
anyway one look at me and people yeah hes a hick. ill have to post some pics of me and my cougar someday

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:55 PM     

Ya, the rest of NJ is cut out of the forest, all the signs say make a left at the fourth tree, then make a right at the seventh. LOL

Phatmatt

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   9:17 PM     

zing

uglystick
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:35 AM     

ever gone to weirdjersey.com? do it right now and please, go to some of those places for me. i've read a bunch of that stuff and wish i lived there...

and so i'm a dork, or was visibly so in that video. so fuckin what? i'm married to a woman who is gorgeous and can tell how a car is running from the plugs. and i own my own home, four cars, yada yada yada... 27 years old. beat that. ;-) no rolex though, chad...

and i design and produce the t-shirts every year for the local 81 hells angels in the sacramento valley so don't fuck with me. lol.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:54 AM     

well, it sounds like you have life by the balls. I hope to be in your situation when im your age.

Now about your wife, Got some pics? LOL j/k

uglystick
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:56 AM     

sure i do...i'll put one up here in a lil while.

jason

jonorme
Re: Goodbye Elco......Hello Dr. Olds...   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   12:27 PM     

^^^Sweet, lol

Pages in this thread: (1) 2