This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 5998

Jayson

Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   10:18 AM     

I'm new here. My sister is already on here and is addicted to it, she said i post stuff here im guessing she is right ?

Well here is the thing..I just got my hands on a 69 charger. Its a p.o.s. right now but will soon be running great. My brother suggested i just demo the whole thing but I dont agree. In its better days it was black (1 color) now it is tri-color. It need a new excaust complete rewireing of everything. Any suggestions ?

1969Stang
Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   1:13 PM     

Okay..Jayson I believe "painless" wiring has a kit for you car. And for the exhaust I would go with flowmasters with 2 chamber mufflers. 2 1/2 or 3 inch. Or dynomax I heard they are good. But I think you should still drop the viper engine...lol...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...
Phatmatt

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   1:42 PM     

yeah man go with a flowmaster. Nothing better suited for a big american made V8 beast.

Jayson

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   2:00 PM     

Painless.I like the sound of that. My brother Eric says flowmaster is really good so Im guessing I'll go with that. Anything else I should know ? I havent worked on a charger before only a mustang. So I dont know exactly what the hell I am doing.

Phatmatt

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   4:17 PM     

"So I don't know exsactly what the hell I am doing." um buddy your profile says you're a mechanic. You should probably know at least a little bit about working on cars. what's the deal with that?

EdgeOfGemz

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   9:32 PM     

i work on imports mainly at my job. Not many american made cars in sac. Alot of rice rockets. I have no problem with imports my family lives off them.

B | o | u | n | c | i | n Like a balla
EdgeOfGemz

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sat Apr 27, 02   9:33 PM     

sorry im on my sisters name i dont have my password anymore i deleted the email and i havent gotten a new one yet.

B | o | u | n | c | i | n Like a balla
SixT6GalXE
Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   9:19 PM     

For exhaust, nothing sounds meaner than steel packs. They're just like glass packs, but with a steel wool type of packing instead of fiberglass. Loud, deep, pops when you shift or let off the gas, scares not only little kids & old ladies but adults also. EVERYONE and their brother has Flowmasters. Don't be like everyone else. For kickass exhaust, steel packs is it. You'll probably have to look in hot rod catalogs to find them, since Summit & them don't carry them. Smitty's is pretty good I've been told. I'm running burnt out glasspacks on my Galaxie. That sounds REAL good too! Steel packs or burnt out glass packs.... nothing in the world sounds better.

And no, they absolutely do NOT sound like a beater old truck. Think of the movie "Bullitt". That's what they sound like.

-Rob '66 Ford Galaxie 500XL droptop w/390
Fat_Tony

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Sun Apr 28, 02   10:26 PM     

yah they sound like a charger ditching a mustang?

I'll let my car do the talkin
Jayson

Re: Hey..suggestions?   Posted Mon Apr 29, 02   10:40 PM     

I heard about Smittys shit from a friend of mine my brother was going to special order some chrome parts and I talked to him about it. He has heard of them but never heard them in person. I dont know, I want it to be as loud as possible. I like that whole fear factor thing.