This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 30916

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
DieselGoPed

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   6:29 PM     

changing the cubject here, you can always change it back later. but i heard today that the ford capri is based on the ford mustang. is this true? mmmm capri, i want one of them when im older, but im not sure if theyll be that many of them around.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Satanismycopilot
Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   8:51 PM     

there was a couple years when the capri was on the same chassis as the fox body stang which was the 79-93 stangs. im not sure what year they made them but it was the capri RS that is the 5.0

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   9:40 PM     

i really really really want a capri as my car when im older. its the closest thing we brits have to a muscle car. my dad had a 3.0 litre capri a long time ago. you could hear him coming a mile off. though i guess in your world of huge 8.0 litre blocks and mods and everything, 3.o is pretty small.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   8:10 PM     

well over here the capri your speakin of hand a 4cyl and a 8cyl motors ALTHOUGH a couple of year mustangs had 3.8v6s SO a 3.0 is not unbelieveable BUT im glad i live here because if you think a 3.0 is nasty yould love the 5.0

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:06 AM     

us brits have tiny engines, i was gobsmacked on a thread a while ago when everyone was saying a..................... 4.7? litre mustang was crap............

MrPeabody

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:17 AM     

Hehehe, I know how you feel. Talking about 1.6 Hondas around Muscle Car guys is interesting

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   1:35 AM     

bwaaaap bwaaaap bwaaaap [External Image Removed]http://www.classiclandrovers.co.uk/ and ours is the one on the farthers right. argh, gotta get off quick....

MrPeabody

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:39 AM     

Aside from what these ninnies say, I like Land Rovers, always have. See, most people in the US don't know or don't care about what cars are made outside the states. If they only knew how much we've been shafted

-Ben

Satanismycopilot
Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   1:44 PM     

people that buy land rovers never use them for what they were ment for anyway....its a lil thing called off roading i dont know if the rich bastards that buy them know what off roading is

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   11:23 PM     

nope, im definetely a poor bastard, and our whole family is seriously into off roading, so dont worry, im not one of those pansies who buys a 4x4 and never takes it off the asphalt.
anyway, this is wales so every single farmer round here has a land rover, either a 90 defender or the richer ones have range rovers.

kula

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Thu Jul 10, 03   2:44 PM     

Tried taking my car offroading in wales last week. Nothing serious though. And yea, would have loved a land rover for that. None of that new land rover 'it can barely mount a kerb' crap.

Would also like a bigger engine too, we get seriously ripped off with our petrol prices here. Suppose my 1.8litre with a turbo is more than enough to embaress the local rice with.

SER4ME

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Sat Jul 12, 03   5:26 PM     

I had no idea that a 3.0 litre engine was considered a monster over there. That's rather pathetic if you consider that most mini-vans some with an engine at least that big. Even my Grandparents own a Buick with an engine bigger than that. But you have to consider the tiny VTECs that are pushing two-hundred stalions and the turbo charged "four-bangers" that spit in the face of the American methods of race car development.

However big engines will always have the potential for bigger power. I highly doubt that we will see Honda Civics beating Dodge Vipers on a regular basis. Although I have seen it happen once before....

uglystick
Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Mon Jul 14, 03   11:30 AM     

nobody spits in the face of my sbc...

;-) you have a v spec or the older model ser?

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Mon Jul 14, 03   11:32 AM     

He's looking to get a new V Spec. He made a thread about it

-Ben

uglystick
Re: Might be getting a stang   Posted Mon Jul 14, 03   1:05 PM     

v spec with a 50-100 shot is the best bang for your buck, agreed.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4