This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 36606

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
Stryker
New car   Posted Tue May 20, 03   7:51 PM     

I gotta new car I gotta new car I gotta new car I gotta....Ok...I'll stop with that now.
It's an '86 Mustang LX....Ok, I know it's a shitty car and worse, it's a ford, but for 50 bux it's one hell of a project car.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Tue May 20, 03   8:09 PM     

mmmmm 393stroker=yummy mustang goodnes
is it a hatchback or a notchback?

do give details...im endless with ideas

Re: New car   Posted Tue May 20, 03   8:26 PM     

Hatchback T Top. Needs new bucket seats, and some interior work done. Body is straight...My best friend has a 351 windsor sittin in his garage that isn't goin anywhere so I'm gonna ask him if I can have it I go to pick up the car next wed. hopefully...

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: New car   Posted Tue May 20, 03   10:39 PM     

Hmmm... Blown 347 sounds good to me

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: New car   Posted Wed May 21, 03   11:57 AM     

pics?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Wed May 21, 03   12:18 PM     

Hatchback T Top. Needs new bucket seats, and some interior work done. Body is straight...My best friend has a 351 windsor sittin in his garage that isn't goin anywhere so I'm gonna ask him if I can have it I go to pick up the car next wed. hopefully...

go with the 351 punch it out 30 over and stroke it and you got yourself a 393 stroker or punch it out 60 and stroke it you got a 406 or 408 stroker i cant remember which...but if done right you got yourself one mean ass all motor street machine your good for atleast 600-700 horsepower from the 393 w/o a blower

MrPeabody
05/20/03 10:39 PM

Hmmm... Blown 347 sounds good to me

yeah they are good lots of power BUT beings his buddy has a 351 lying around and it were me i would take the 351 anyday......

oh and stryker beings you have t-tops please for the love of god dont forget the subframe connectors youll crack that t bar like its nothing

Re: New car   Posted Wed May 21, 03   10:13 PM     

don't have any pics yet...
Ok man...Tell me about this subframe connectors you refer to lol. I dunno much about T's and I don't wanna fuck up anything...

Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Thu May 22, 03   3:11 PM     

i cannot explain subframe connector as how they go on and what not but the stiffin your chassis so you when you put major power in it you dont twist the frame. with t-tops your missing essentially your roof which doesnt add to the rigidness of your frame. maybe someone else can explain exactly how they go on and what they do but in any car with t-top you need them so you dont break the t bar which runs right through the middle of your t-tops

Re: New car   Posted Thu May 22, 03   3:44 PM     

or crack the paint job!!!! ive seen alot of GN's with stress cracks on the paint.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: New car   Posted Thu May 22, 03   6:58 PM     

i think they weld in and are sort of like a big X and weld to the sides of your frame making it a bunch of triangles stiffening it ect... i think

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
LS4_454
Re: New car   Posted Thu May 22, 03   9:11 PM     

Here is a web site that sells them for the Stangs:
http://www.spiderautomotive.com/spideraccessories/subframcon.html

Stryker
Re: New car   Posted Thu Jun 12, 03   4:19 PM     

Ok. Turns out that my best friend's dad don't wanna part with the 351 *DAMN* so he'll sell me a 302 with an aod tranny. My best friend and I are makin a list of parts I'm gonna want and this is what we have so far...

Performer RPM Intake Manifold
Victor X Heads
e303 cam w/ roller rockers
650 cfm 4bbl carb
MSD distributor

Anyone have any suggestions???

When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end...
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole...
My other ride is your daughter
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Thu Jun 12, 03   5:56 PM     

yeah fuck the carb go fuel injection Holley makes a really nice fuel injection system but you pick it.....GT-40 lower intake take ported and polished with a 93 cobra upper intake ported with 70mm throttle body. Twisted Wedge heads with porting and polishing work great with fuel injection.
the E303 cam is a good choice go with 1:7 roller rockers with it
look into stroker kits...331 or 347. if you do it youll want to go forged pistons etc. they are great for major natural aspiration high output

as far as the AOD goes great choice send it to a tranny shop and have them stuff it with the most heavy duty shit they can find. and put in a manual valve body. cant go wrong with a good B&M hammer shifter. 9" torque converter.

for the rear keep the stock 8.8 they can take some serious power so no need to switch to a 9". just put a nice beefy girdle on it*i think that what they are called*
go with one of the three depending on how racing you want to go get 3.55:1's good street gears and more racing oriented go with 3.73:1's or 4:10:1's but thats obvious
and dont forget subframe connectors. get the ones that weld on because the bolt on ones are worth shit

wow i just rewrote your whole parts list

Re: New car   Posted Thu Jun 12, 03   7:02 PM     

hahaha. Yeah, ya did.

Thing is, they already have the carb...I don't have ANY fuel injection stuff...
I'm thinkin about a stroker kit...
AOD wasn't exactly my first choice...I wanted the c4, but hey...Get what ya can, right?
Is the 8.8 rear also in the v6 Mustang LX? Cause that's what I have, and I'm not sure what it has right now...
I'm lookin at that page with the subframe connectors...I wouldn't get cheapass bolt-on stuff anyways. Kid's gotta learn to weld some time, right? lol
Oh, I forgot...I'm gonna put some a flowmaster 1 chamber exhaust on there...X pipe. When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is about to come to an end *like it says in the signature * And when some Honda kid revs on me, and I rev back, I want him to piss his pants. hahaha
I asked Metal about loud exhaust, and he said 'Well, how many people ya wanna piss off?' I said everyone in a 5 block radius. That's why he recommended the chamber 1's.

When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end...
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole...
My other ride is your daughter
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Fri Jun 13, 03   2:16 PM     

i suggest a complete stainless bassani exhaust some of the best exhaust out there.....yes they make more then just x pipes. well you can start off with the carb and goto fuel injection. your mustang prolly has an 7.5 rear....im not quite sure im not exactly up on v6 and 4 banger stangs...you might though. oh and you kan pick up almost everything you need to get started with fuel injection from the junk yard....find a wrecked stang itll get ya started. this way you also got the rear ect....oh and AOD is the way to go unless your goin hard core racing cause this way you still have overdrive to bring down the rpms some you get something that kind of resembles gas mileage