This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 36606

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4)  
Gorgoth3k1

Re: New car   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   10:32 PM     

now i a'int sure what an air nibbler is, but whenever i'm pullin injectors out or somethin and dont want any crap fallin into the combustion chamber i always use cans of compressed air you can get at any computer store... i usually get it from radio shack... but i believe its for cleanin yer keyboard or somethin... its just a can of compressed air that costs a couple bucks... hehe... or you could always get a shop vac or somethin and rig it up Red Green style with some duct tape... LOL...

my $0.02

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
hooyeah
Re: New car   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   4:27 PM     

an air nibbler is like high tech tinsnips it's an air tool that well basically it nibbles away metal and makes a clean cut

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   2:24 PM     

an air nibbler is a tool that has a round dowel that agitates up and down within a channel. the dowel has a half moon shape cut out of it, so when you run it up against an edge of metal it nibbles out a 1/8th inch half moon shape one at a time (at high frequency). you can damn near write your name in a sheet of steel with one.

problem is, it cuts out an eighth of an inch of meat (width wise), whereas a body saw will simply remove a mm or so (thickness of the blade).

there are also air shears and a number of other automated metal cutting devices on the market. all work differently and each is suited best for a different task.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Gorgoth3k1

Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   7:35 PM     

AH... I see... only metal cuttin tools i've used is a reciprocating saw (Sawzall) and a Oxy-Acetelene Torch... hehe... sounds interesting.. heh.... air nibbler... kewl name... lol...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: New car   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:08 AM     

nah, hacksaw and a bit of grunt, ya lazy barstards! hehehe. anyway, my dad uses an angle grinder (reciprocating saw that dan mentioned?)

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4)