This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 36606

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4  
Stryker
Re: New car   Posted Fri Jun 13, 03   7:23 PM     

gas mileage? I think I've heard that term before. lol
I'm not gonna take my car on the highway...It's just gonna be for weekend races, for shuttin people up when they talk shit, and for a pussy-picker-upper.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end...
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole...
My other ride is your daughter
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Fri Jun 13, 03   9:02 PM     

*shrug* well overdrive is there if you want to use it...because the AOD is a 4 speed 4th gear is od....a C4 is a 3 speed...same you got almost the same thing just a lil extra

Re: New car   Posted Sun Jun 15, 03   5:28 PM     

machines faster than your hand (no all that practice you had in your teen years won't effect shift times)

but seriously you wanna go in a straight line go auto

if you jsut wanna be able to rev and pop clutches go stick

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Stryker
Re: New car   Posted Sun Jun 15, 03   5:53 PM     

Ummm...A c4 IS an auto.

Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Sun Jun 15, 03   8:26 PM     

and honestly i find burn out are easier to do with an auto...you dont have to work 3 pedals to do one just push the brake and mash the gas

Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   5:34 PM     

What the FUCK? You shouldn't have to hold the brake man...lol. That's just wrong. If you can't build enough power to get it to leave a nice dark signature on the pavement just from standin on it without a brake, then you SHOULD go with a manual.
My best friend's dad has a 351w in his 'stang with an auto in it...When he launched, he couldn't get on it right away, or he'd just sit there and bake the tires...Everyone thought he was on nitrous, cause he'd launch, babying it, then stand on it. haha

hooyeah
Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   6:48 PM     

theres a difference between a standing still burnout and just mashing the gas you get much better appeal with the first of the two.....or get a line lock

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   7:41 PM     

In reply to:

Poster: hooyeah
Subject: Re: New car

theres a difference between a standing still burnout and just mashing the gas you get much better appeal with the first of the two.....or get a line lock

yes what he said. when your sitting at a red light nothing gets more peoples attention or is more impressive then a standing burnout...nothing like laying out a big billowing cloud of white burnt rubber.....and doin that is where the auto make it easier....you just push the brake and mash the gas....no need to run a cable to the front brakes so you can lock em up(line locks)

Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   8:25 PM     

Line locks are sweet!!! My step bro needs one in his GN to put the slicks up in smoke. to much abuse on the rear brake drums and brakes if you keep holding the brake and the gas. Keep in mind that this car runs 10.30's!! its one mean ass V6!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   11:01 PM     

Sweet, Grand Nationals are awesome! What all mods does he have?

-Ben

MrPeabody

Re: New car   Posted Mon Jun 16, 03   11:02 PM     

Oh, and I was going to say something about it to stryker, but I figured you guys would set em straight, hopefully he won't whine and bitch about it

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New car   Posted Tue Jun 17, 03   7:19 AM     

im not exactly sure what he has done but i do know a few of his mods. Bigger turbo (not sure on the size). 2 fuel pumps, cam, built transmission, bigger intercooler, manual boost controller, some kind of waste gate and blow off valve, He has more than i really know about but no internal work besides the cam. its mostly bolt ons. He gets all his stuff from applied technologys. Sweet car and ive even been allowed to drive it.

MrPeabody

Re: New car   Posted Tue Jun 17, 03   10:02 AM     

Yeah, don't need much for a GN to hual ass. What's it like driving it?

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: New car   Posted Tue Jun 17, 03   12:03 PM     

i cant even really explain how it feels. I was next to 2 bikes on a 45 mph road and he told me to mess with them so i did. i hit it and walked all over these things. It feels so wierd too because he has slicks on the back and when you hit it, you can feel the rim move from side to side inside the tire. Its crazy.

Satanismycopilot
Re: New car   Posted Tue Jun 17, 03   2:56 PM     

my moms uncle has a 87 GN the speacial edition one. it runs 10.15's he raced for the first time in like 30 yrs since he had a titanium rod put in his spine after he fractured it at work. they told him he would never race again and he ran a 10.30 and he won the tourny he entered. his son did more mods to it as it is his now he has a lap top that hooks up to it and every thing