This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 3476

Stryker
Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Thu Apr 24, 03   8:40 PM     

Ok, I know this sounds like a joke, but a buddy of mine said that some 'famous car builder' figured out how to make a turbo/supercharger work on an engine, and that he got the engine to 1000+ hp doing so...Has anyone heard of this, or is he full of shit??

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
MrPeabody

Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   10:25 AM     

A Turbo/Supercharger combo has been done, though not near those numbers as far as I know...

-Ben

Stryker
Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   4:53 PM     

Yeah, I know...And thinkn about it...He musta had a massive fuel pump to keep a good air/fuel mix...My friend swears by this bein true, but I'm doubtful...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   8:23 PM     

wazsn't it a toyota mr2 that first did this? it really just depends more or less on the way the system was setup for example turbo on left bank super on right bank would work

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   11:17 PM     

Yes it was a 1st gen MR2, wasn't really successfull...

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Mon Apr 28, 03   8:01 PM     

I've heard of it done on a few occations but never successfully. It's really far more trouble than it's worth.

MrPeabody

Re: Turbo/Supercharger??   Posted Mon Apr 28, 03   10:43 PM     

I agree. The only reason I could see to do it is just an experiment, a very expensive one at that. You're not going to get amazing gains in power, most likely a very unreliable and uneven powerband.

-Ben