This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 74060

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
Stryker
Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   12:52 PM     

Anyone have any links or know anything about the superchargers for a 2.2ltr Cavalier? I wanna see if that s/c will fit on my truck, too. I've heard yes, and no, and I dunno which to believe...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Phatmatt

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   3:03 PM     

I was unaware that they even made superchargers for such a small engine. I'm intrueged now. I'm going to do some investigating and I'll get back to you.

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   3:29 PM     

kewl, thanks matt

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   4:35 PM     

chevy had a turbo kit for the 2.2 in a cavalier i'm not too sure if the truck block has much differences from the car block maybe higher deck height or something you'd have to find out the casting numbers for the motors and see if the'yre the same the frontal accessories probably run differently as well so you may have to have some custom pulleys and belts or something of that sort

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   4:36 PM     

is it centrifugal or roots type?

LS4_454
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   6:44 PM     

Try www.jegs.com they sell Paxton belt drive chargers, they may have one for either one of your applications. You may have to call and find out if they can get something since they mostly like the 5.0 Stangs and 5.7 Chickens.

JcAus
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   10:14 PM     

5.7 Chickens? Fire Chickens?

I dunno That type of car or is a style of KFC?
Just jokes

JC

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
Phatmatt

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   7:02 AM     

that would be correct my aussie friend.

ok I spent about a day doing some searching, but didn't really find anything. I had no problem findind turbo charger apps, but nothing in the way of superchargers.

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   9:30 AM     

yeah i believe pontiac makes a blower for the four banger. it's an oem part for a sunfire 4 banger.

call your dealer.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   1:21 PM     

Thanks matt. I decided not to do that though. Jason talked me into droppin a 350 into my truck

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   1:37 PM     

are you SERIOUS? DID I??? SWEEEET!

right on man. it's the way to go. may cost a bit, but take your time, buy a good used pick n pull tpi 350 and do one thing at a time, then drop it in when you're ready.

lethal, you've got a disciple.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   3:30 PM     

LOL
Yeah, 350's are easier to find out here than water right now *damn drought*...Just gotta get one for a decent price, and get a four speed manual tranny for it and I'll be set...Hey S_Dyme, ya know anyone over there that has a 350 for sale? haha

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   3:46 PM     

four speed manual, now you're talkin!!

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   5:21 PM     

Why not a 700R4 for nice gas mileage and good highway R's? thats what i would because it has overdrive.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   8:05 PM     

you should be able to pick up a very decent 350 for around 5-800 bucks running with all electronics and you jsut may wanna look into strengthening that little frame if you're looking for serious power seen a ranger with a 302 permanantly driving on 3 wheels after the fusrt brake torque

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6