This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Domestic Forum Thread views: 74060

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6  
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   5:31 PM     

haha. Ok get this...this "cobra" down the street from me has the following:
4.6ltr engine.
Cobra Rims
Cobra Badges
Saleen wing *found only on the SVT version of the 'stang I believe...She has NO SVT badge*
Cobra-like airdam
Cobra R exhaust *the flat ones that come out right in front of the wheel*
Only thing this chick has goin for her is SHE...IS...HOTT...
Ways to tell it's not a real cobra:
REAL cobras say Cobra on the back bumper, not Mustang.
Has a wing found only on SVT's and it's not an SVT.
4.6ltr engine *If ya wanna pull this shit off, don't go around flashin your puny engine to people hahahaha*

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   5:43 PM     

OOOOOkay...I was talkin to a guy a while ago that lives over by S_Dyme, and he said that if I do go with the 383 stroker *which I'm purdy sure I am by now* and go with fuel injection on it, that he could get me a 6 speed manual tranny for 1000 bux only 1000 miles on it...Now...Is it worth it?

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   6:35 PM     

might not be worth it it would be cool to say yeah i got a six speed but chances are depending what the 6 speed came from it's designed for a higher revving higher powerband engine and it may not be able to get the full use

whats it out of and how is it going to bolt up

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   6:52 PM     

Trans Am WS6...Those have 350's don't they? Should bolt up perfectly...

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   7:01 PM     

In reply to:

We need an "Owned" caption

I can't find one...But we can use this [External Image Removed]
Or this
[External Image Removed]
Or this
[External Image Removed]
And here's a BS one
[External Image Removed] *RAISE THE BS FLAG lol*
[External Image Removed]
Then there's one for GoPed:
[External Image Removed]
And the ones for SweetDevil:
[External Image Removed] and [External Image Removed]and [External Image Removed]
The one for hooyeah:
[External Image Removed]
What I think every time I see SweetDevil sign on AIM:
[External Image Removed]
and Chad's:
[External Image Removed] and [External Image Removed]
One for uglystick:
[External Image Removed]

hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   8:08 PM     

ah shit you're right i believe they do i had my mind on the high tech exotics i know chip foose stuck a viper 6 speed behind a 350 for titus

but thiunk of what you're using the truck for a 6 speed probably isn't the best for dragging

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   9:43 PM     

lol...I'll keep 2 tranny's. The 6 speed for day drivin, the 4speed for friday and saturday at the drags

LS4_454
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   10:02 PM     

Why not use the 6 speed? 5th and 6th are usually overdrive gears and the first 4 may be a close ratio which would be good for the drags. Do you have the gear ratios of each trans? I would compare them and put in the 6 speed to get the rpm's down for freeway driving if the lower gears are close in ratios between the two trannys.

Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Tue May 6, 03   10:15 PM     

They aren't that close...I've driven a WS6...hehe. Got to test drive it...Niiiice ride. anyways...2nd gear isn't that great.
Another thing I was wonderin...The FI parts incl. computer, injectors, ignition, etc. etc. etc would be the same as a 350 right? Cause I can't find any of that shit for a 383 stroker...

DieselGoPed

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   8:52 AM     

erm, did i just hear someone say 4.6 litre is puny? well, i dunno bout you lot, but compared to my future car, a 1.2 litre nova (which is prolly all im gonna be able to afford) its pretty big. like the smileys stryker. anyway, i was joking when i asked if it had two engines, cos i know theres no way in hell you could put two engines in a mustang. actually on second thoughts, it might be possible, youd have to re design the whole car, body and all. where would you find space to put two blocks in, would they both have to be in the front? i think if you had a LOT of time and money, w workshop full of tools and lots of design and testing skills, you could do it.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Stryker
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   10:21 AM     

DGP, go here http://www.mothers.com/coolcars/customer-coolcars/customer-coolcars_Txt/Eddies84CRX.html
CRX with a stock 4 banger in the front and an Oldsmobile 468 with a 4-71 supercharger in the rear. It CAN be done

uglystick
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   10:33 AM     

yeah i've seen that car, but stryker, i'd go with an automatic. better at the drags, better drivability, cheaper...

although i'll be putting a 4 speed manual richmond back into my el camino when it gets the big block (chevy or pontiac, at this point i couldn't give a shit)

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
jonorme
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:22 PM     

there was this car in a rice magazine that had 2 engines

hooyeah
Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   7:09 PM     

uhh you plan to change tranny's every week if you've ever changed a tranny curt youd know it's not exactly a 5 minutes job

Edited by hooyeah (Wed May 7, 03   8:42 PM)

MrPeabody

Re: Supercharger?   Posted Wed May 7, 03   7:34 PM     

I agree, that's a bit strange. Unless you're working in a Top Fuel team...

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6